• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new shop

It depends on the light output of the specific lights.
Can you post a link?

Wall lights show flaws in ceiling finish. Like I have a room that I am going to finish and the trusses aren’t perfectly level. Any light lower than the ceiling will show the uneven drywall. So I am planning recess cans to not highlight it.

In a shop- maybe if a hood is up but the light isn’t directly in front of the truck the side lights will cast shadows onto the engine making the work more difficult

Lights on the wall are fine if it is a paint booth but I can think of no other reason to have them on a wall.

There are some in our shop at work and they are blinding half the time. Dad has some in his tool shed and they are blinding half the time. If you think you want them on the wall, I would recommend putting the others on the ceiling first, then find some way to put them on the wall temporarily then see if you like them.

that's my thought too. along with if they are bright, it will make things hard to see when you look at something in the direction of the wall. the brightness will cause your eyes to adjust, then you look back at the engine or what your working on and will have the "can't see a dam thing" effect!

if you end up with white ceiling and white walls, you will be surprised how bright it will be. Dad's old shop had black wallboard on both and it was awful. New shop has white all over and 3 rows of lights. We normally only have one row on at a time depending on where we are working. Turn them all on and it's like the sun.

Back