• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new shop

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
I'm starting to build a new shop, 30x30 with 12' ceilings. This is inside a pole building.

It won't be insulated on a/c, if I need heat I'll install a wood stove.

I'll be using "trusscore" wall and ceiling boards. https://trusscore.com/products/wall-and-ceilingboard.html

Anyone use this product?

I'm going with this stuff mostly for ease and speed of install and also I think Sheetrock would suck up moisture and bite me in the year's to come...

Wire does nothing for strength only keeps the cracks from shifting assuming that it gets pulled up correctly. The fiber will help about the same as the mesh. Rebar is the only thing that will add strength. The drier you pour it the stronger the concrete will be. Trade off between workability and strength.

Yea no one here uses wire, mesh or fiber, I think it's the same thing... I spent a week with a tamp packing the damp red clay, it was hard as a rock.

This is mostly my engine shop with room for welding and my dually or tractor when needed. I'm not at all worried about the floor holding up, they doubled up the fiber at my request.

Purlins at 2' are more than strong enough for a roof. And with the Sampson brackets, it's just fine. Engineered plans for a 3' load was standard. But our plans also had 5/16" OSB between the purlins and the metal. I had a customer request a roof with a 2' snow load and roof mounted solar panels and it was fine.

We used a 1/8" thick insulation that was an R-8 with a foil backing on one side. Something to look into if your wanting to heat the shop. It was a closed cell foam and when the foil was put to the outside, would double the R value of any other insulation used. When we had the fire storm back in 2020, we had a building take a direct hit. After the fire was out, they called and we went in and replaced the metal only as the insulation reflected the heat away from the girts and poles. That turned into a huge selling point for the manufacturer.

I miss the days of being able to build the pole buildings and later the sales of the building kits. It was fun work. The pandemic killed that. And a bad back injury.

Back