• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My LBZ Rebuild Has Started

Those are awesome pics...I cant wait to see or hear it run...

What kind of power numbers are you expecting?

Nick im not sure what power level its goingto give me with the baby turbo, If I had to guess I say mybe 700 rwhp area with alot of extra fuel left over.I will try and record first Start up.

DSCF5795.jpg

DSCF5796.jpg

DSCF5797.jpg

DSCF5798.jpg

DSCF5801.jpg

DSCF5802.jpg

DSCF5803.jpg

DSCF5805.jpg

DSCF5806.jpg

DSCF5807.jpg

DSCF5809.jpg

Pic of small work space lol
DSCF5811.jpg

Those look great. I appreciate you taking the time to share all that with us.

Again, great job man. Teriffic looking pics. And what makes it that much more impressive is the little room that you have to take on a project of that size. I'm sure for most people, they wouldn't go beyond doing an oil change in a garage that small. I second that I can't wait to hear it start up.

Holy cow you do nice work... fast too!

Thanks very much for the detailed photos; really gives people an insight as to what the internals of their dmax look like that otherwise would never pull theirs apart. I'm going to make this a sticky.

BTW- is that a med duty block or something? Asking because the oil filler is different from the ones I've seen in the pickups before. Someone also pointed out that the mounts are different.

Last edited:
Holy cow you do nice work... fast too!
X2

Thanks very much for the detailed photos; really gives people an insight at to what the internals of their dmax looks like that otherwise would never pull theirs apart. I'm going to make this a sticky.
Thanks Grady

Excellent work!

Very nice, sounds mean again, when I blow mine up I am calling you man. I pay in 30 packs so how about 3 30 packs and we will call it even.

Thanks Guys, Most all the Duramax blocks have the ears now some dont, The oil fill is for the PPE dual cp3 kit to clear the belt drive.Think we need a break atleast a week before I see another one of these motors, Were going to do a friends 2001 3500 dually in a few weeks, Kinda sucks someone else pulled the motor have to guess and play with all the parts no pics to go by just GM service info site.

LOL I have been treating it like a baby, 108 miles on her, Only gotten into it alittle lots of extra fuel in need of bigger turbo.50 to 100 comes very fast even at half pedal.

Well I held out for 190 miles and loaded a new tune, and she just runs like a bat out of hell, Lots of extra fuel to be used now I need twins or a nice big single to replace the gt4094.

Back