• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My LBZ Rebuild Has Started

DSCF5698.jpg

DSCF5699.jpg

DSCF5700.jpg

DSCF5701.jpg

DSCF5702.jpg

DSCF5703.jpg

DSCF5704.jpg

DSCF5705.jpg

DSCF5706.jpg

DSCF5707.jpg

LOL I still have around 300 pics from taking it out and apart not sure if there on here I think they might be in a older post.Yea my main friend that helps me has quite a few I only have 2 big ones on each upper arm,Moms husband and friend run a tattoo shop.

Thats the block Johnny needed for his Kodiak. You can see the ears on the front of the block that he was missing on the new motor..........

Nice build up by the way..... Cant wait to see the results.

Great sequence of pictures. You guys don't mess around do you?! This whole sequence of photos should go into a sticky and anybody wants to see what their Duramax is made of can get an eyefull.
One question: What's with the weld I saw inside a piston skirt?

IIRC that is -or- was a Cummins thing where the crank pin would shear off. Pretty sure they've rectified that design in the newer engines. Never heard of problems with that in the Dmaxes (but I could be 100% wrong).

KDP Killer dowel pin.

Not crank, but a press in dowel used to locate the cast aluminum timing over for installation. The pin can work loose and fall into the steel timing gears. The gears survive fine, but the aluminum case cracks, and you get an oil leak that needs fixing.

Stupid question, i know, but why are you rebuilding it? Just for more power, or did you break something, or both?

Those are awesome pics...I cant wait to see or hear it run...

What kind of power numbers are you expecting?

Back