• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Dyno results

I don't know, thats not what I've heard about USAF "missle-guys" :eek: I've heard stories about guys underground in missle silos for extended periods :D

Not arguing with that point, but I'm not a missileer. I just fix the system when its broke and the trained technicians dont have a book to tell them whats wrong. I think the Navy contracts out most of its nuclear maintenance. :hitwithrock:

Buddy you got to lighten up dude since you were going there I thought I'd just pile on a little more didn't mean to touch a nerve.

As for techs in the "nuke Navy", you'd have to talk to Wrecker about the nuke Navy I wasn't a nuke.

But I doubt much phone in help for the nuke side of the Navy, any more than phone in help for the gas turbine Navy; if your ship is broke out in the "big pond" it's a long swim home so we tended to fix our own gear manual or no manual.

Not many side stepping beach creatures "sand crabs" Navy speak for civilian techs willing to come out to ships on the odd occasion we could not fix it ourselves.

By all means I'm not casting any stones at USAF but once ship is underway away from home base or shore support it's all about the "git-R-done" ability of the crew, generally some pretty sharp folks going to sea. 1-800-come-fix-me don't work so well as it does for land based folks.

I was trying to figure out how you came off as being "heavy" myself...

x2....

All of our armed forces are necessary, as is ever individual that is part of them. Thanks to you guys, guys like me get to enjoy my freedom..... And fix my 6.5 too!
:usa:

At first I saw you too goofin around like ol' buddies, and I thought :sheephump::mikelsheep::nanawrench:

Oh cute, they're getting along. I often times think I sense tone, or attack, then I remember that we are all enthusiasts of a very rare motor, limiting the world basically to a small forum named DTR.

Thats funny Matt, I was actually going to use the sheep animations to describe our technicians. A lot of the facilities are in the middle of farmers land and the guys drive out a few hours to the middle of nowhere and are out there up to 12 hours straight before driving back to base. There are tons of sheep jokes, because the states they're in arent know for the healthy population of young ladies ):h

Nice numbers Kane, for those of you that don't do metric here are the conversions

453.23194073071653 foot lbs at 3500 Rpm

258.71313672989 HP at 2500 rpm

Very nice numbers from a 6.5

Sorry to be picky, but I'm sure you meant to list the torque peak @ 2500 rpm and the hp peak @ 3500 rpm, ( I didn't want anyone misled that may not understand completely).

Impressive torque output :smile5:

Back