• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

my 6.2 build up

Cool. I have the manifolds and GM 4 off the 94. Just need a turbomaster. I have to pull the IP anyway on the CUCV because it's leaking at the throttle shaft seal. I could pull the injectors out of the 6.5 and have them tested and use them or just get new ones. Have you considered intercooling ? Also does your rig have a/c ? I don't think what I want to do will clear an a/c box but the cucv doesn't have a/c. I was going to put a compressor on and use an old Mark IV underdash unit I have. Has anybody used the serp belt setup on a 6.2 ?

Yeah, i got a manifold spacer to run on my setup so i could keep the original injectors. There have been 6.2's swapped to serp setups. 89 and on models came with serps iirc.

I've owned and had more experience with 6.2s. See my photo album. What a jerk I was for selling that van. I have never seen another one like it.

yup i have Aces old 6.5 injectors in my 85 blazer. they fit fine. i just had to even so slightly bend the injector lines down a tad to make up for the shorter injector height. the stock 6.2 injectors were taller by just a tad and the #8 cylinder inj line was rubbing on the A/C box. with the short injectors the line doesn't rub on the A/C box anymore.

1twisted1, Your Burban is badass! love the camo and the spare tire rack:thumbsup:

p.s. I see you live in Garden City I lived there for 26yrs across from G.C Park

Last edited:
Absolutely lovely Burb

These final couple years, 90 and 91 were truely and End of an Era with the Subs.

The cream of the crop if you will.

Many options and goodies from the GMT400 trucks had been stuck here and there on these final couple years and they were really nice rigs.

What lift kit is under your rig??

Getting ready to lift my 91 and am in the process of looking at various brands of Kits.

Again, great job.

MGW

Back