• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Motor oil in your diesel fuel

Philbilly2

Just a speck on the wall
Reaction score
Anyone else running motor oil in there diesel fuel?

I am currently running a 8:1 ratio of diesel fuel mixed with used 15w40 oil drained out of tractors, trucks, anything I can find on the farm or off that has free oil.

Iam blending 3 gallons to a 26 gallon tank. I have buddies who are running a long bed blending 5 gallons of oil to a 34 gallon tank.

The way I see it, I save $12 dollars on every fill up.

Truck runs better than ever

I've heard from some diesel mech not to do that because it will really "F" up the injectors and can damage the internals....

I'm using the RBP additive and I love it...I know Ragin Diesel on here has his own mix and its supposed to be pretty good too

The thing that I like the most about it is it dosen't smell like a Duramax anymore. (You guys know what I mean every brand of truck as it burns the fuel it has a different smell) It smells like an old IH tractor now.:frown2:

same here. i don't have a lot of cars though but when i do change the oil in what i have it doesn't go to waste.

that and used vegetable oil.

IMO, I wouldn't do it. Used oil isn't meant to be burnt with out producing ash, which is exactly what do not want.. If you want a cheap lube for the fuel system, use 2-stroke TCW-3 oil. It is ashless and MEANT to be burnt (i.e. ignited) Just my 2 cents on a 12k dollar engine.

The thing that I like the most about it is it dosen't smell like a Duramax anymore. (You guys know what I mean every brand of truck as it burns the fuel it has a different smell) It smells like an old IH tractor now.:frown2:
I love the way my Dmax smells, especially with no kitty.):h

IMO, I wouldn't do it. Used oil isn't meant to be burnt with out producing ash, which is exactly what do not want.. If you want a cheap lube for the fuel system, use 2-stroke TCW-3 oil. It is ashless and MEANT to be burnt (i.e. ignited) Just my 2 cents on a 12k dollar engine.

I agree. I add 1 ounce of 2-stroke to every gallon of ULSD to aid lubricity. I also run Power Service as an additive.

I agree. I add 1 ounce of 2-stroke to every gallon of ULSD to aid lubricity. I also run Power Service as an additive.
I gained about 1.2 mpg using 2-cycle....no joke. I was getting about 480 miles to a full tank (24 gallons). My last fill up went to 535 miles and my engine just purrs....well, it purred before, but just seems happier.:cornut:

That a boy!!! Are you running used motor oil or somthing else Tom?

I put whatever is close to me in it. I've mixed in trans fluid, two stroke oil, and used motor oil. I have TONS of used motor oil in the back yard, I figured I'd put it to good use.

I am also using 10 gallons of old #2 heating oil. Its been in the basement for years and there's almost 400 gallons down there. I'm mixing about 10 gallons in with each tank. Same mileage, no weird noises, and a LOT cheaper. I assume it is High Sulfur content, but whatever. DPF has gone to hell anyways, may as well finish her off. :D

I to am running between 2.5-5gal per 34gal tank. I have about 500gal of clean waste oil spoken for. I'm filtering it down out of a 30gal barrel before running it.

what about running straight kerosene. one of the stations in town has it for 4.25 a gallon right now when diesel is 4.50+.

one of my neighbors runs about a 1:3 ratio of used motor oil to diesel in his tractors. they all smoke like a freight train, but they all still run.

Back