• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Motor from Ted's Trucks not happy at 1st, VERY HAPPY with GREAT after sale care

I didn't misunderstand you. Sorry it came across that way.

I'm just saying that I was looking out for a fellow member and posted a ways back that I knew it would be takin care of.

I was on the phone with them this morning to make sure they rectified it and to tell them that my engine was perfect.

as for the square pre cups, i looked at them throught the injector port and thought they looked big but foud when i took the head off they were not so i looked at the used 506 i just bought off CL and they looked the same size but when i took the head off i found it had diamonds. so i guess you cant tell by looking through the injector whole.

I believe the GM engines only had the drain tube with a manual trans so it wouldn't dump on the clutch. All the GEP engines i've seen have the smashed looking tube.
Good to see a stand up seller:thumbsup::thumbsup: unlike Option Racing.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Wow, I'm glad to hear they are standing by their engine. That's great to hear and I'm totally jealous that you now have two motors.

Wow, just read the thread after being away for a while playing with Jeeps. I was soo worried this was going to happen to me when i bought my craigslist 6.5 599 block in Philadelphia, that was sitting in a damp garage for over 2 years. I got mine home and the water jackets were a little crusty, but the cylinders were pristine! Very little wear! The guy said he paid 2100 for it and would sell the boat anchor to me for 600. Took it home, and the worst was cracked heads and a burnt piston! Swapped in a piston from ratman, new CCH heads and 30k later and it still can pull a house! I got lucky.. Last fall i bought a 4.0L Jeep engine for a 99 grand cherokee (coil pack engine, prone to piston skirt failure). It came from Benwood auto parts in Baldwinsville, NY. I redid many of the seals n' such. Installed it in my jeep and went to line up TC bolts. Engine siezed!!! Took back out to have boroscoped ($50.00 i swallowed), super rust scale in cyl 6!! They did end up getting me another engine, but i lost all my money in seals and such. He said he was taking a hit on me dumping something in the engine to make it do this, Benwood auto is a joke... All in all i did get anothert engine, installed and ran good. But they didnt want to give me a replacement and it pushed my install another week back.. Im glad the issues you had were resolved in an excellent way!

Maybe in fairness to Teds the title of the thread should be edited/changed to reflect the positive outcome.

Realized I was jumping the gun, however thinking about the damage that could ensue from the title the longer it is up there . Not championing Teds but from recent past threads feel they are a reputable company & will do as they say.

Realized I was jumping the gun, however thinking about the damage that could ensue from the title the longer it is up there . Not championing Teds but from recent past threads feel they are a reputable company & will do as they say.

I had the same thoughts Tom, I guess when it's settled would be a good time to change the title.

Here is margaret's last email to me.

Hey Rob,
Think we have all the problems solved!
Thank you for the heads up. Rickey talked with him yesterday and we are shipping out an engine Tues.
Hope you have a great weekend...and tell those guys on the blog not to be ragging on me like that! Just kidding.....
Ted's Trucks
Margaret

You will be changing the title of this post soon enough.
They are reading this post and I hope that we can all say thanks to Ted and staff for taking care of us.

Here is margaret's last email to me.

You will be changing the title of this post soon enough.
They are reading this post and I hope that we can all say thanks to Ted and staff for taking care of us.

Title modified to reflect positive outcome we love great endings here when a vendor steps up to the plate like they did here we need to make sure we let folks know about it, Great Job Margret/Ted (Ted's Trucks)

Although I thought that the issues found may have been there even if the engine was run, it doesnt seem to be any concensus on that. So what is it, do they run the engine a few times or not, thats kind of important information, not just that they throw more engines at us. So I really dont see that the issue has been addressed. Do we all have to take our heads off now? Or can we trust that we can drop them in?

I don't agree with the "warm fuzzy" everyone has here. Had the OP installed the engine w/o head removal there would have been the joy of removing the bad engine. I guarantee you would not have felt guilty about the first ‘scrap metal’ engine they sent you. They know it is scrap now and don’t want to pay shipping to get it back. Add the parts cost and machining work up and scrap is where you may wind up – if a crack isn’t the cause of the coolant.

Glad they made good on it. However I do not trust them to have run the engine before shipment. A lot of places do not have the computer to run the DS4 on the stand. Perhaps a compression test is all they get.

Situation resolved, yes, but what are they really selling?

A lot of places do not have the computer to run the DS4 on the stand. Perhaps a compression test is all they get.

They use a DB2 pump just like the military. Look at their web page.

Even if that is the case, one bad one out of who knows how many sold?

Heck, I've had fresh rebuilds with less than 500 miles spin a cam bearing.

They deserve kudos for what they did for him. If you read the ad on the site , it says no warranty.

So legally they didn't have to give him one, what the heck do you guys want for cryin out loud. A fresh [NEW] motor for that price.

Let's step into reality and count our blessings that they are honest/good buisness people. who have treated us like they want to to be treated.

With respect and dignity. I for one would buy from them again.

Should we check a motor before install, yes, I didn't pull the heads because the motor was spotless. I guess I got lucky.

Ted should verify when an engine was tested and how long before shipment that it was run.

Maybe he will start doing things like that in the future to avoid further problems. Although if a problem does arise I know they will take care of us.

Back