• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Missy and DaHoooley, the SAGA continues

Hi all

Surgery was Monday the 1st at 8:30 and lasted only an hour and 45 minutes.

I was in my room by 11:30 and by midnight was up and walking.
Spent over two hours walking by late Tuesday.

I wrangled getting discharged on Weds by noon, and believe me, that was no easy feat.
Went to the shop with Pat and then to friends for dinner that evening.

Thurs and Fri were much better, today is better yet, with the soreness heading out as time rolls on.

I have not needed much in the way of pain meds, just a Tylenol xtra twice a day and Im good.

The cancerous tumor in my left kidney was rated at "T1B" 5.1cm in size and no other involvement.

The surgery was a Radical nephrectomy (total removal of left kidney and adrenal gland) this was done via a hand assisted laproscopic procedure.

Prognosis is great at this point, with only periodic chest xray and blood work follow ups.

Getting out of the hospital two days post op has my Docs shaking their heads in disbelief, especially at my age (60) but they will get over it :hihi:

All is well, and Im looking forward to getting my life back to some form of normal.

I will try and keep Y'all updated as time goes by.

Thanks for the Support
Missy

I didn't catch your previous post, sorry to hear but I'm glad your out of surgery with good news! Hopefully now you'll get back to tinkering.

Sent from my TBI 454 powered android device.

Thanks troops

This morning (sun) is better still, with most all bodily functions coming back on line now, I am still pretty sore and tire out quickly, but overall, feeling great.

YESSSSSSSSSS, hoping to get back to some tinkering this summer.

The brand new engine for Dahooley is sitting on the stand in the shop, all ready to go.

Truck has been down since the fall of 2010 so its time.

Keep ya posted

Missy

Good for you, Robyn! Thanks for sharing the good news... Keep the recovery going, you'll get stronger every day, a little bit more your 'old' self.

LOL at doctors who think us 'more seasoned' individuals need more recovery time. Way to show 'em, but don't push too hard, either. (When nobody is looking, go sneak in the occasional nap)

Wow, I just got to a computer after 3,200 s l o w miles. I'm SOOO glad to hear you're OK!
Us seasoned citizens are much more resilient than these young docs think. We've all been missing you.
Trucks come and go, but WE last forever.
Enjoy your relaxation.

Yessssss, the seasoned citizen, haaaaaaaaaa. Old farts.

Even at 60, I still dont think of myself as a senior citizen.

Ohhhhh well, such is life.

Well now, if this damned rain and sloppy weather will abate, we might get old Dahooley back up and running again.

Been far too long.

I got a chance recently to drive a 2001 Dmax Dually, I could like that a lot, yessssss.

Maybe there is a chance that I will try one of these sooner or later. :hihi:

Missy

Glad you are doing well. I hear from reliable older sources that The Golden Years aren't so golden.

Dmax is highly overrated - No classic diesel rattle. PIA to work on with expensive parts. You can change out the entire 6.5 engine for the cost of a Dmax injector set.

Besides the better power is nothing a bigger turbo can't fix on a 6.5. Esp with a boost valve.

Yeah buddy, the classic rattle.

The $$$$$ are certainly a point, but the fact is the standard 6.5 is not the best puppy in the box.

The new P 400 from AMG is a real winner.

The Dmax was far better engineered all the way up.

I am hoping my new AMG block along with the scat crank will be a winner all the way.

I have heard though that the scat cranks are now showing breakage issues, so ?????????? What do ya do.

I wanted a forged crank, but the $$$$$ were just not there.

We shall see.

Missy

Not sure how people are breaking cranks. Good balancer and so far so good. Although the new GM balancer didn't make 30K miles before starting to fail.

Back