• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mikes Crew Hauler

Spoken like a D-Max owner ;)

Each time the Burb goes down, I have to get the shop to fix it before the *wife* finds out lest she make me get something new, *quiet*, and does not keep my mechanic in business . . .

Is this gonna be you Mike?

View attachment 46678
Haha, aint that the truth.

I get a lot of Flack at work about it, waiting on the parts from the Dealer to fix the Canister. Fingers crossed no other issues...yet.

I just blame it on the Fiances dad when it breaks! Keep telling him i shoulda' bought a Chevy! He tells me i should have bought new. Yeah, to a young guy with his first house $400 car payments are enough as is. I couldn't imagine $800 payments..

Stopped at the auto parts store. Got a new brake pedal pad and installed before my flight out of town.

Still waiting on the vapor canister parts.

IMG_1374_zpsjs2g6c3j.jpg

Ordered new tires today. Went with the Kumho KL-78.

They were on sale and at $229 per tire for 325/60r20 in 8-ply was a steal.

They had fairly good reviews, I wanted Cooper at3's but these were over $100 less per tire.

Not a bad price for 20's

Post up a pic of the tread pattern (mounted on the truck of course)

They are technically an all terrain, however less aggressive than a BFG A/T. Blocky type tread pattern with some siping.
Hope to get them on before Christmas.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that pattern in a 33 or other factory size but I've never seen them in a 37 so I'm interested in what it looks like in that scale.

AT3's in a 245 aren't real impressive but 33 12.5's are pretty mean, wondering if the same holds true for these

I'm pretty sure I've seen that pattern in a 33 or other factory size but I've never seen them in a 37 so I'm interested in what it looks like in that scale.

AT3's in a 245 aren't real impressive but 33 12.5's are pretty mean, wondering if the same holds true for these

This size is actually a 35.4'' diameter tire. I had to downsize as the 37's are just too much for a 5.4L in an F250 with 3.73's. I was afraid to go smaller than a 35 due to the amount of lift, might look like a roller skate.

So what the tire company does is the "more common off road sized tires" they make a little more aggressive. Almost like a passenger and an Light Truck tire. I have seen this in other Manufacturers like you mentioned. Mine are the more aggressive style due to size.

Check out these crappy pictures i borrowed from Google to show the differences between the two tires, even though they are both Kumho Road Venture KL-78's:
Road Venture 1.jpg Road Venture 2.jpg

The AT3's i was looking at in the same size honestly weren't impressive to me either, but ive seen them in action and they still do quite well.

I received the TSB parts for slow/no fill from the Dealer last night at no cost to me. I'm guessing about $400-500 in parts.

They sent the whole TSB like i requested, at the beginning i was worried they would only send the Canister.

Least there is a happy ending in the TSB parts arriving.

See if you can plumb a standard vent hose into the fill neck?

I will get pictures of the parts when I can, plan is to replace next week while i hopefully get some time off of work.

They included a new gas cap, new charcoal canister, new vent line, and new vent line elbow/tip. Currently i guess the tip points up, so it collects dust and debris. The new vent tip faces downward.

It also denotes when the pump clicks off, to not keep filling. I'm doing better with this now, as with the 6.5 I crammed every little ounce i could in it. Sucks only being a 26 gallon tank...

It also denotes when the pump clicks off, to not keep filling. I'm doing better with this now, as with the 6.5 I crammed every little ounce i could in it.

Yeah . . . Cannot fill a modern gasser to the neck like a diesel. Engineers did not think it through. A full-to-the-neck fill will destroy the emissions systems. o_O

And this is one of the many reasons why my family and I are at odds of why new cars are not better than those of just 20 years ago. ;)

Well the tires came in. But i have a new problem. Lets see if anyone can spot it.

There is some seriously deep tread on these tires for A/T's.

IMG_1520_zpshw8blhsh.jpg

IMG_1523_zpsdrlqp6ty.jpg

IMG_1522_zpskgsl6ca6.jpg

X2 - Your truck is now a trike . . .?

And on closer look, perhaps it is the photo angle, but one looks like it is for a larger rim than the others.

Aside from that, if you tow anything, get a bra for the trailer as anything in the rear is going to get dinged . . .

You got it! Apparently the fourth was "put on the wrong truck".

How good do those do off road? Looks like it would be pretty good

Not sure? Hopefully ok. The most offroad this truck will see is farm fields and hunting trails. The current 37'' Yokohama Geolanders are worn very unevenly and almost bald. Couple close calls in making it out of the field this season. The truck will be used mostly for travel, we have a Wrangler JK on 35'' Trail Hogs for fun. These pictures really don't do the truck and new tires justice, it is a Monster. I hope these 35's don't look too small, and these tires have some serious meat to them. My one worry is they are still very blocky and may not do to well on ice.

X2 - Your truck is now a trike . . .?

And on closer look, perhaps it is the photo angle, but one looks like it is for a larger rim than the others.

Aside from that, if you tow anything, get a bra for the trailer as anything in the rear is going to get dinged . . .

I checked all the sizes and they are indeed the same, so it must be the angle. The truck does have mud flaps, however they are the puny molded plastic and don't do much good at all. I do want to get fender flares and some nice large rubber flaps because i will be eventually towing my Mustang.

Back