• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Michelin XPS Rib

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
It's time for tires on the dually, has anyone run the Michelin XPS Rib tire, I'm going with them in size 245/75/16.
I don't off road and only tow a 25ft camper so highway use is what I wanted...
I didn't go through discount tire but this is the tire I'm going with...

I really like Michelin tires, I have had great service out of them. No experience with the rib tires your talking about.

Right now I'm running Michelin LTX AT2's on my 2006 2500HD.

Attachments

• 0520191737_HDR.jpg
    0520191737_HDR.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 0520191736b.jpg
    0520191736b.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 0520191736a.jpg
    0520191736a.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 2
I am running XPS on my 5th wheel RV. My RV made the new Good Year Endurance ST tires cry "Uncle!" in less than a year. After good service life, 7 years, from normal Michelin LT's. The XPS RIB have the usual Michelin sidewall cracking is starting on them now. Maybe some other brands have less cracking by rumors I read. I have the scale weight of the RV and pickup: GY is NOTHING to write home about other than better than Red Commie China Bombs.

Pics of the GY ST tread cracking... And shallow tread is prone to cuts failing a tire inspection.

rv4.jpg

rv3.jpg

rv2.jpg

rv1.jpg

I would look at the inflation/weight tables and see if you can air the "steel casings" they have down like normal LT's or to at least a decent unloaded ride. If you plan on running unloaded at all.

The last 25' to the camping spot you may want the XPS "Traction" Vs. the "helpless" RIB. I had a unexpected "Snow Day" close the freeway to a camping spot in Arizona this year. I still had to pay the night I wasn't there. I wouldn't have gone even if they didn't close the freeway due to the weather anyway esp. with the RIB tire that I consider a summer tire only.

Last edited:
Back