• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Maintenance Day

I change all my filters once a year. I change the Allison fluid only when meeded. Its all Transynd in there. Maybe once every 3rd year.

The magnet inside the Allison only had a little residue as well. Seems less and less every passing year. Good thing I guess. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have been changing the red Allison Filter at about every 12,000 to 15000 miles or so, maybe its over kill. I guess its only money, at one time I was getting filters for 10 bucks or less from an Allison Dealer. I have always only seen the gray looking residue when I wiped the magnet off like you guys mentioned. I am approaching 80,000 miles on mileage and I had switched to Transynd at 48,000 miles so I should be good there for a while, which would be years down the road at the rate I drive, mileage wise. I bought an extra gallon of Transynd to have when I change the filter or need to add any fluid.

Oil changes are once a year due to the low amount of miles that I drive. Actually since I retired I am driving a few more miles since I get out and loafer a little more.

Back