• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for new cordless tools

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
My family has mostly dewalt tools but I'm looking for my own set. Reliable, long lasting, with good batteries and service.

Good sales ads or places to buy would be good too.

Thanks for any help

my grandfather stopped using makita, and switched to bosch. hes got some batteries that are over 4 years old that still hold a good charge, and perform like new. he got his at lowes, but it's only 18 volt. ive used his stuff though, and was pretty impressed. the li ion stuff is lightweight, but good on power.

Ive had the same set of Makita's for about 6-7 years. Use them just about everyday. Had to buy a couple batteries.

I have the Dewalt 4 1/2" angle grinders. They are battery eaters. Now I would probably go with 20 volt or better kit. I've heard the circular saw, grinders and other power tools work much better and you get better battery life with the 20 volt stuff>

I've got old Milwaukee 18 volt, new Milwaukee 18 volt and Dewalt 18 volt.

We do like the Dewalt 18 volt vac. Very handy it also has a cord so you can plug it in if your battery goes dead

I have not bought a battery for 8 years now with my Ridgid drills, impact. I took my 24 volt drill in due the nose cone being worn out. Guess what, they no longer produce parts for it. They replaced it with a new 18v drill and I had bought it as 24v set, the 24v batteries do not fit the 18v drill and the 18v batteries fit the 24v tools so in compromise they sent me 2 new 18v batteries and a charger.

Key to all of this is to register within the first 90 days and when they replace batteries or a tool you have to register the new items by phone....They are a little above medium quality but the warranty takes some time on repairs....

I have almost every 18v dewalt tool they make. I dropped my 1/2" hammer drill of a 2 story roof and it survived. The li-on are way better than the older ones. I will stick with dewalt or Makita, because I can still buy parts for them over 20 years later.

I have a 7.2 3/8 Makita that needs a battery, but I bought it 23 years ago When I became an electrician for a few years. Drill is still good.

18v is still a good choice, even better if you rebuild your battery packs with better quality and more amp hour. They do getting heavy tho.

My gpa's 18v dewalts have been good, he has pretty well every tool but a grease gun too. He has had his 1/2 impact and sawzall both rebuilt and the original batteries rebuilt by interstate and purchased li ion replacements. The 1/4 impact seems really handy too.

IMO all the major brands are pretty similar in quality of the actual tools. Battery's can be a different story.

Back