• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for a good used DB2 to borrow for testing.

Rockabillyrat

SlIgHtLy StUpId.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a known good DB2 to test on my stand to confirm my CC volume is being accurately measured. Out of all the cores I have, only one pump actually seemed to be working. But even then I'm not sure if its in normal working condition. Idle volume spec is a very tight tolerance and I want to make sure I'm setting pumps to the correct specs. Since my stand is home built using standard injectors instead of true calibration injectors I want to make sure there is no variation in fuel volume at idle speed.

My calibration bench is working flawlessly, once I have this figured out I will be one step closer to officially taking on customer work.

If anyone has a known good pump they are willing to let me borrow that would be awesome. I will pay for shipping!!

20220410_121737.jpg

I have the one from my hummer.
has about 150,000 on it but was “refreshed” by my old pump builder at 75,000. He died so I don’t know what he may have done to it. I turned up the fuel screw not long after getting it back from him. Idk if he actually did anything in it or just checked out numbers.
Lmk if that will work.

@Rockabillyrat .If I'm understanding you right, that thingy is to test pumps? If so I got a extra I'd love to get tested and dialed in so to speak. I got it from buddy and want to make sure it's ok In case I need it. Maybe good to test your machine with to

@Rockabillyrat .If I'm understanding you right, that thingy is to test pumps? If so I got a extra I'd love to get tested and dialed in so to speak. I got it from buddy and want to make sure it's ok In case I need it. Maybe good to test your machine with to

Yes it is, But i can only do the mechanical DB2s. Im not set up for DS4 and since they are obsolete now, I probably never will be.

If its a DB2 send it my way I can help you out.

He is being polite. Knock at the door and you find out Only the cool pumps are invited, and there is a cover charge. Haha.
I’m in trouble boys. My mind is racing with how big should I go...
Like walking into a grocery store when hungry.

He is being polite. Knock at the door and you find out Only the cool pumps are invited, and there is a cover charge. Haha.
I’m in trouble boys. My mind is racing with how big should I go...
Like walking into a grocery store when hungry.

So what your saying is you want a .350 pump like the one im building for Peter 😉

Well since the engine is 396 cid, should a .396 plunger be out of the question? Haha.
Fixin to start my help me choose thread. Next phone call you have to kick me off sooner so se have something to talk about whenever we meet up! :happy:

Back