• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for a Duramax... Selling my 6.5 - Looking for opinions

i think they are long beds ,but since weave purchased of the dually long bed we never use my wifes suv anymore the dually on the road is so nice to drive even if its empty,and my wifes suv even has air ride,now watch your gvwr as in ontario canada they are aggresively going after trucks pulling anything even me with my fifth wheel camper my gvwr on my dually is 11,400lbs so i now need a commercial sticker,but if you go with one at 9200lbs there is alot of fifth wheels that will put you over on your gross and they will park your truck two of my friends had to leave their camper in toronto that's about 8hr drive from where we live,so 2006,5 to 2007.5 gives you a better buy,the eight digit in the vin # must be a "d", this identifies your lbz,it gives you a glow system upgrade,faster acting shorter cycle,lly rating is 300hp 600 torque,lbz is 360hp,650 torque,the other advantage there is less emission controls on that year,there is another posting that said yo can eliminate the dpf filter it can't be done in ontario my friend has a shop that does e test and even if the truck passes the test you will get a fine for removing any emission controls, he learned this the hard way the mto are not always nice guys,of course all of this is my opinion,i am a mecanic by trade good luck mike

2006 LLY 310 hp 605 ft/lbs torque
2006 LBZ 360 hp 650 ft/lbs torque

Not to be a nit picker, but just to keep things accurate. ;)

Attachments

• 2006DieselLLY,LBZ.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 13
i think they are long beds ,but since weave purchased of the dually long bed we never use my wifes suv anymore the dually on the road is so nice to drive even if its empty,and my wifes suv even has air ride,now watch your gvwr as in ontario canada they are aggresively going after trucks pulling anything even me with my fifth wheel camper my gvwr on my dually is 11,400lbs so i now need a commercial sticker,but if you go with one at 9200lbs there is alot of fifth wheels that will put you over on your gross and they will park your truck two of my friends had to leave their camper in toronto that's about 8hr drive from where we live,so 2006,5 to 2007.5 gives you a better buy,the eight digit in the vin # must be a "d", this identifies your lbz,it gives you a glow system upgrade,faster acting shorter cycle,lly rating is 300hp 600 torque,lbz is 360hp,650 torque,the other advantage there is less emission controls on that year,there is another posting that said yo can eliminate the dpf filter it can't be done in ontario my friend has a shop that does e test and even if the truck passes the test you will get a fine for removing any emission controls, he learned this the hard way the mto are not always nice guys,of course all of this is my opinion,i am a mecanic by trade good luck mike

Mine's a short bed and still has the 36 gallon tank.

Thanks for all the responses. Is there an easy way to tell a 2006 LLY from a LBZ? Some where in the VIN perhaps?

Art

The 8th VIN digit will be a 2 for an LLY, and a D for an LBZ. If it is an 06 they are all the same, but the 06LLY was detuned for some unknown reason. You can have an 06LLY flashed to an LBZ with EFILIVE very easily and have the same truck.

Thanks for all this everyone :).

Gerald the link doesn't work for me.I Guess the "place" gave me the boot for never going there any more. I don't feel like signing up again...

Art

Lets see if I can help you out Art.

2008 Duramax $26,500
In Missouri.

2008 GMC, 3500, Sierra, Allison 6sp HD, 82,000miles, loaded, leather, navigation, tinted, trailer brake controller, heated seats, power 18 way seats, tinted, adjustable pedals, tonneau cover, LED's, etc, etc, remote start, etc, etc, MRBP 4" SS exhaust, just to help breath better. Not loud. New tires 10ply, Rockstar wheels, etc, etc, etc. bed mat. What else can you add?? Has a rebuilt title, was hit in the vehicle computer at 16,000miles. I have owned it since. Trucks runs, and operates perfectly. If you didn't know it was hit, you couldn't tell. This is why it is priced $10,000 less than retail.

$26500

Attachments

• Art 1.jpeg
    Art 1.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Art 2.jpg
    Art 2.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 44
something isn't quite right...does sound too good to be true...salvage title maybe?

I know nothing of Canadas laws or how that works up there...watch out for the nigerian pay by wire scammers on this one if they do contact you...copy us their response if you will...

That is WAY cheap for that nice of truck. I'd be willing to bet it's either been wrecked (Says Accident Free in ad?) or has a blown tranny or something...

yeah something seems fishy about that. if that was real, Id expect that truck to be at least $25k

to good to be true

i would go look at it,when i purchased my dually it was a 2006.5[lbz] i bought it in 2009 its an slt so its fully loaded,incl.bose system ,dvd player,heated leather both seat are electric,and it had 100.00km amd i paid $28,000,certfied and e tested good luck mike

Back