• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LMM Tuning Guidance

muduza

Reaction score
Hi my name is Jordan, I'm kinda in a pickle and just starting out in the whole tuning thing. I have a 2008 3500 it has a efilive tune from another owner idk anything about it some sort of tow tune i tried to do a read and i comes up with a OS of 52628594. now from what i understand that is a locked custom tune.
i have no idea who put it on there or how to get ahold of them...

i bought a autocal v2 of a guy on facebook assuming i could just pitch a tune on it.
what i would like is a dsp5 tune to put on it
HELPPP ME ... please :(

My son has some kind of a tune on his new Dodge Ram 3500 diesel. It has an adapter plugged into the ALDL connector located under the dash, just below the steer column. He runs that controller from an app on his phoney.
I know knott one thing about any tuners, welcome to the forum Muduza.

The Autocal will only allow you to flash a new tune into the ECM, you can't write tunes without a v2 or v3. If you want SOTF tuning you will have to purchase the tune and dsp5 switch and flash over the existing tune file. You will also need to purchace a Vin license from EFI to flash your ECM.

Did the previous owner remove the emissions? If so your probably not going to find a tuner that will write you a tune with the emissions deleted.

I wouldn't touch a thing unless you find someone to write you a delete tune. Other wise you could lock yourself out of your own truck. EfI live doesn't allow US users access to DEF and EGR tuning on the LMM.

I wouldn't touch a thing unless you find someone to write you a delete tune. Other wise you could lock yourself out of your own truck. EfI live doesn't allow US users access to DEF and EGR tuning on the LMM.
When did they do this? I haven't updated in years, but mine still has the LMM tables, it's the 11+ LML that was locked out in mine.

Just talking to my buddy who owns a shop. He knows the matco tools guy pretty well. Anyways evidently the tools guy does give aways ,buy xamount of dollars and he gives you a ticket for a drawing, sometimes for a gun. So a guy comes into his truck and asks him if he can still win the gun with a record. Turns out the guy was busted for doing a delete. Cost him 100k to keep him out of jail plus a 66k fine and now has a class 3 felony on his record. Seems hard to believe the inequity of our laws. Really serious crimes don't seem to matter anymore.

Yeah- a felony for attempted murder on THEIR god aka mother earth.
The matco guy needs to watch out also. Not just for the obvious gun to a felon thing, but buying a gun with intent to give to someone else is a straw purchase and will land his butt in federal prison for 10 years class1 felony AND $250,000.00 fine.

Back