• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Let the rebuild begin

I can help out as well, my truck is a '93 so i'm back in the mechanical IP, spring boost controller era. lol I've got some files saved with IP numbers, injector numbers..etc that i can dig up and some "reminder" doc's i cobbled together from various sources all over the place. :hurray:
Don

I'd like to suggest a thread that is for torque specs and any tips related to the procedure involved in said item being torqued. Thinking it would be nice to go to a single thread filled with info pertaining to a common question such as torque specs, part#'s and pin-out/wiring diagrams.

I have no expertise in anything to do with these trucks. I drive mine and rely heavily on all the answers you guys have posted over the years to diagnose and fix problems. If I felt I was an expert on anything I'd be glad to compile and write a full article about it. I'll do what I can to help.

Organization at the beginning will indeed make the place a lot more user friendly and hopefully result in a lot less of the same old questions.

Last edited:
Guys just remember when we rebuild here post stuff that is yours, if it's copywritten from another site, ie Diesel Page, we won't be able to post it, pretty much same rule we had for content at old site

I just went back and looked at the DP rules on this.

The way I read it, it seems that I should be able to post my photos and my copy anywhere I like. If it ends up looking a lot like something somewhere else on the 'net I don't see how that could be a problem.

Am I thinking about this correctly?

My understanding is that if you posted it with credit that you produced it, then you "donated" it for the site. There's nothing that says you can't "donate" it to another site as well, after all you created it.
Don

I'd like to suggest a thread that is for torque specs and any tips related to the procedure involved in said item being torqued. Thinking it would be nice to go to a single thread filled with info pertaining to a common question such as torque specs, part#'s and pin-out/wiring diagrams.

I have no expertise in anything to do with these trucks. I drive mine and rely heavily on all the answers you guys have posted over the years to diagnose and fix problems. If I felt I was an expert on anything I'd be glad to compile and write a full article about it. I'll do what I can to help.

Organization at the beginning will indeed make the place a lot more user friendly and hopefully result in a lot less of the same old questions.

I actually had started to work on a torque specs thread for DP. I was gonna post it up and then you guys could add or change as necessary. Problem is, it got deleted by mistake from my puter (4 year old got playin' around). I'll try to get it goin' again, but I'll post it here and not there!

Any other topics I can help out with, just let me know! We have 4 of these 6.5's that I get the "pleasure" (lol) of workin' on.

I just dug out the removable hard drive with all my 6.5 work pictures on it.. standby for postings.. It will be slow at first, my daughter was in a car crash last night and is in the hospital. She should be out in a day or 2 but it's rocky right now.

Sorry to hear that. Prayers Sent!

nvmtnlion said:
my daughter was in a car crash last night and is in the hospital. She should be out in a day or 2 but it's rocky right now.

She's receiving encouraging thoughts from the Bear, even as we speak.

Hang in there, John... it's hard when it's your kid, but she likely hasn't seen Daddy yet when he wasn't tough... you guys are in my prayers.

Jim

I just dug out the removable hard drive with all my 6.5 work pictures on it.. standby for postings.. It will be slow at first, my daughter was in a car crash last night and is in the hospital. She should be out in a day or 2 but it's rocky right now.
Very sorry to hear. I hope everything is ok.

I have lots of material saved from other posts on DP. Are we unable to repost this information?

Our prayers are with you.

Okay, here's the plan guys.... I have the diagnostic check list and FAQ's in microsoft word format... I can post that here as an attachment. There's a few other secrets that I'll send ya'll too... not going to advertise in this thread.. but just some FYI stuff. ;)

I can't tell you just how much this warms my heart. For such a long time it seems that only the moderators would put stuff together. We had invited folks to help out putting stuff together, but it never seemed to matieralize. Now with a group effort of everyone here putting stuff together, the forum will look like ALL of us put it together, not just one or two of us.

Attachments

• FAQs 6.5.doc
    91 KB · Views: 7
  • Diagnostic Checklist.doc
    48 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
What I want to know is who gets to do the fun thread of "Help, my truck is stalling ?" That's the one that brings 75% of newbies in.
:)

Hey what's going to happend with the vendors from our old place ? Any of them comin over ? I can email a few i deal with. As the site grows it will need some income to self sustain. Some guy named A-1 was looking for a place to advertise...:reddevil:.
Also what's the deal with links or talking about products from vendors like certain PMD relocates with 7 yr warranty etc ?
Don't know what the directive is.

Last edited:
I'm willing to help with the rebuild, also. I don't think I have enough technical knowledge/experience to do much in the way of write-ups, but I'm a pretty good editor, if anyone wants help with that side of things.

john our prayers are with ya... glad everything turned out okay.

Hey everyone, ace just made the first in our new diesel technical library thread (aka FAQ's)

Back