• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ Exhaust

... but if you add the quiet tone front pipe it is more like stock with virtually no drone...
What is this "quiet tone front pipe" of which you speak? I see a plain old pipe. I don't want a ton of exhaust drone in the cab.
Loud outside-good:agreed: Loud inside-not so good :nonod:

What is this "quiet tone front pipe" of which you speak? I see a plain old pipe. I don't want a ton of exhaust drone in the cab.
Loud outside-good:agreed: Loud inside-not so good :nonod:

DIAMOND EYE has what they call a quiet tone pipe which is basically a glass pack where the cat would normally go. I'm pretty sure they only offer it in aluminzed though. It really helps to quieten it down both inside and outside. The 2 LMM's I have done them on were barely louder than stock at idle and cruise with them, but you could definately hear it talk when you got on it.

What if I were to just do cat back. Any easy way to make the stock cat a straight thru deal?

Do the Downpipe-Back Setup.

If you just do the Cat-Back, I don't think you'll be Happy with the Lack of Sound after Spending the Money and Time on the Cat-Back.

Do the Downpipe-Back Setup.

If you just do the Cat-Back, I don't think you'll be Happy with the Lack of Sound after Spending the Money and Time on the Cat-Back.
Yeah, I agree, just a bit concerned about sound in the cab.

When you're an old fart like me and spend at least 2 hrs per day driving highways you would like a comfy ride in every respect except the part about dusting off some zit faced kid in a ricer when he least expects it...;)

I like my comfy ride but the roar when I hit the skinny pedal is awesome. The 5" straight pipe howls on accel but its really fairly quiet at cruise. I drive over 100 miles/day

The diamond eye system isn't as bad as the MBRP is, and alot of guys think the MBRP is bad. I would get the stainless DE system, and if it is to loaud put a CORSA muffler on it and have the best of both worlds(quiet inside and LOUD outside).

I hav'int had a Diamond Eye SS system in my hands. Whats your first impression of it?

I hav'int had a Diamond Eye SS system in my hands. Whats your first impression of it?
Appears to be top quality fabrication. :thumbsup: I do have a ? about the clamps and sent you a PM.
I'm anxious to install it but Christmas is looming right in my sights so that will come first.

I'd love to see some pics too. I think if anyone can convince my dad to do an upgrade like this, it'd be real-world experience from a guy like Mike. ;)

Mike PM'ed me asking about the clamps. I won't be able to get an answer til Monday so thought I'd ask you guys that have the DE SS system. He said the hangers are SS, but the clamps are not. Is this what you have seen?

Pics

As it looked in the box after taking out some of the packing and 3 more after the packing was out except the muffler.
DE1.jpg

DE2.jpg DE3.jpg DE4.jpg

Back