• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ Exhaust

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Looking into going to a SS 4" (finally). Does THIS bolt right up in place of my existing system? What more would I need?
Does Leroy sell these too?
DiamondEye.JPG

Yep, it'll Bolt right in. You'll just have to Cut the Mid Section Pipes to Fit you Cab / Bed Configuration.

Only thing you might need, which is Cosmetic, is a Tip.

Agreed with James.. Diamond Eye makes a pretty good kit. My LBZ 409 SS kit from MBRP was great. It was pricey at the time.. I'll probably do just aluminum on my new truck.

The DIAMOND EYE kit is pretty nice, and fits in EASY! I've done a few of these on LMM DPF deletes, and they fit in pretty nicely. The ones I have done have the quiet tone front pipe, and it is BARELY louder than a stock LBZ(and hardly louder than an LMM with factory exhaust) at most anything but a hard load. I would go with a tip though as the aluminized rusts pretty quick on the surface.

I have 5" alluminium DE on my LBZ and it went pretty good. had to adjust 2 hangers due to some issues with my bale bumper/shock/frame clearance. I would buy it again, no questions asked. My truck sounds like jet and gets funny calls across the police scanner weekly.

I got Black High temp paint and painted the whole system then used stainless everywhere but the hangers. I have to repaint the tip area behind the tire when i wash it but its not rusted and keeps the paint pretty good.

I havent had the exhaust for a yr yet and no winter time but I doubt the exhaust rots anytime soon down here.

Thinking about a 6" tip dumping behind axle instead of side exit though (want a black tip)

Hey, Yes I can get anything Diamond Eye makes. What kind of price's are you seeing on them and I'll hopefully beat that price.

That's a killer deal for a stainless set-up. I know the last aluminized I put on with the quiet tone front pipe cost him his special club price from SUMMIT was $320, so $330 for a stainless is a DEAL. To bad you didn't sell these when I bought mine.

I am interested in this also. I'll wait for Mike to see. Also interested in the MBRP kit. Same 409. I think it comes with a tip. Any prices on that MBRP kit Leroy?

Mike should be getting the system next week sometime :thumbsup: thank you.

The MBRP, I did get a price and it was very high to the order of $480 MY COST! I have not checked what they are retailing for elsewhere.
I even checked the Flo Pro and they are $20-25 more than Diamond Eye.

Jeff, I don't know if you've ever taken a scotchbrite pad to your stock tip and shined it up but it looks pretty good' The DE 409 SS is the same mat'l.

Half assed shined below
Tip.jpg

I did not Mike. Yours sure looks good though. :thumbsup: I think the exhaust tips look a little better as they are usually a little bigger around. Usually a 5" outlet. And very shiny.

Pretty handsome deal there. Might have to consider one come Spring... We'll see how the 4" shines up though.

Jeff, I don't know if you've ever taken a scotchbrite pad to your stock tip and shined it up but it looks pretty good' The DE 409 SS is the same mat'l.

Half assed shined below
View attachment 36172

I can't see the tip...the glare from them white letters is blinding me...:hihi:

Glad Ferman gave you some good advice...I personally can't stand how loud the MBRP is on the LB7...

Loud? I like. To hear my Dmax roar.

That's fine if you want to hear it, but I want it loud outside, NOT inside. I don't mind it talking out the pipe, but inside I want it civil as can be. That's why I LOVE my CORSA muffler as it is VERY civil inside but barks outside. The diamond eye is in between the CORSA muffler and an MBRP, but if you add the quiet tone front pipe it is more like stock with virtually no drone(slightly more drone than the CORSA inside the cab, but it's quieter outside).

Back