• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ EGR...to block or not to block

mine is an 07 with 30k miles left of power train warranty.
my vin is 1GCHK23D17F143053

Is the EGR delete kit easy enough to reinstall in the event it needs to go to the dealer for warranty work?

Left front axle seal is leaking so I'm definitely going to the dealer soon.

Also here is your vin check http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?p=286287#post286287

Some of your MIL light issues might of been from when Gm replaced your engine harness. I saw you posted about that in this thread http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?t=22954&page=4

No its not and once you tune out for the egr being off they will see it when they read the ecm and the tcm when you take the truck in for work.

what Henry said is correct...but I would buy a spare ECM to do my tuning on if you are concerned about warranty...GM can read/match the flash codes to see if it was flashed by a dealer for warranty work...JMHO

what Henry said is correct...but I would buy a spare ECM to do my tuning on if you are concerned about warranty...GM can read/match the flash codes to see if it was flashed by a dealer for warranty work...JMHO

and TCM..

Also here is your vin check http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?p=286287#post286287

Some of your MIL light issues might of been from when Gm replaced your engine harness. I saw you posted about that in this thread http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?t=22954&page=4

Thanks!

I think I've got the MIL issues resolved the two harnesses on the back of the instrument cluster were not plugged in all the way. Snapped em in, got the codes cleared and the MIL has not come back on.

Yes but if U put the ECM/TCM back to "stock", on ecm/tcm, on a prior to 2007.5 mod year a Tech-2 will not be able to tell if it has been flashed to a other than stock tune. Correct?

and TCM..

Cause in this case they can tell that the ser# of the ECM/TCM does not match the truck VIN. Am I right on this????

You all got me thinking, and now I'm not sure if what I have been thinking is correct or not:confused:

OOPS I should have quoted Pepp where he talkes about buying a new ECM/ TCM. Sorry about that.

Dave

I would buy a spare "play" ECM and leave the factory one on the shelf. I know it's been said before, but I'm pretty sure they can tell if an LBZ ECM has been programmed. Even if it's back to stock. The TCM is another issue. I think your safe with that on a pre 07.5.

Cause in this case they can tell that the ser# of the ECM/TCM does not match the truck VIN. Am I right on this????

You all got me thinking, and now I'm not sure if what I have been thinking is correct or not:confused:

OOPS I should have quoted Pepp where he talkes about buying a new ECM/ TCM. Sorry about that.

Dave

On the LMM ECMs and up(not sure about the LBZs), it records toque output and that screen has to be sent to GM for verification that a chip has not been used.

All 06+ DURAMAX's record the last 10 cal files in the ECM and the TCM records max torque input. This was one of the reasons that GM went to the gen IV TCM instead of sticking with the tried and true 1000 series.

I post this info alot and people think Gm can not read the info from the TCM lol its there for them to read on even 05 its just harder for the tech thats doing the work to find and most will not do it and are not pushed to look for it but on the 06 not as hard and the newer the easier.

I post this info alot and people think Gm can not read the info from the TCM lol its there for them to read on even 05 its just harder for the tech thats doing the work to find and most will not do it and are not pushed to look for it but on the 06 not as hard and the newer the easier.

Yep, the GEN IV TCM that GM went to with the 6 speed was beyond overkill. The older TCM could have pulled it off including the CANBUS without issue, but part of the upgrade was the amount of datalogging that the GEN IV TCM can do. Can't really blame GM though as they are there to warranty stock trucks, and shouldn't be responsible for your trans letting loose with a 600HP tune.

Lol I voided my warranty 300 miles after buying it. They still cover dump stuff for me radio switchs wheel bearings even injectors. But I do the work my self and return the part to them lol

then they would see the programming signature...

Dave ,

every time you write to the ecm or tcm...a calibration log or something of the sort is created...GM will match that up to what the dealer has done and if the numbers don't match they will know it's been tampered with...

Ahhhhhh.....

I'm gona have to talk to my bud and see how they track that.. If he tell's me I will let you all know.

His son has a Eagle Scout project coming up, I might have to get involved:wink5:

Ahhhhhh.....

I'm gona have to talk to my bud and see how they track that.. If he tell's me I will let you all know.

His son has a Eagle Scout project coming up, I might have to get involved:wink5:

Lol I know how they trace it I will post the Gm specs and post a link here that shows the info they pull.

Lol I know how they trace it I will post the Gm specs and post a link here that shows the info they pull.

Kool cause even though our son's are in scouts together, he is still a "stealer" mech and he knows I post what I know on this and other sights. And he has in the past questioned me on "info" that I have posted.

OK... back to the original topic, sort of. I want to put a blocker plate in. I will be installing a Predator tuner which I don't believe will eliminate the EGR code being thrown. What do I need to do? Disconnect the EGR and then.... What?

Back