• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ Died on Highway onramp. got it started, but undriveable

Well... She runs!
I got all 8 injectors swapped out over the weekend. Went pretty smooth except for needing a couple crows foot wrenches, and a couple contortionist moves.
FSM claims to remove intake tube on passenger side (not necessary), and also to drain coolant and remove upper radiator hose for driver side (I was able to leave that in there and pull the wheel liner to access everything.
All seems smooth and quiet last night. I got it all warmed up and then gave a good 7 or 8 WOT runs onto the highway, got to 80mph no loss in pressure, no codes, just smooth power the whole way.

So... $7k later it runs again. Im gonna give it a few minor trips next week as I'll be gone the rest of this week for work. And if nothing comes up, then Im considering it all done.

Thank you for everyones advice, help, etc. I spoke with Harvey @ Exergy and he has heard about programming fuel injector flow rates in the ECM, but most likely for emissions related reasons. I also put a call into a local dealer to get their info. Still waiting for a call back. I'll update here with their response.

Link to photo gallery: http://bigdogyj.smugmug.com/Trucks/2006-Chevy-3500HD-LBZ/Replacing-Fuel-Injectors/26194298_3Q4gx9
Link to Video coming as soon as upload is finished.

Update: Well i've put about 600 miles on it now since injectors and it seems to be holding together.

Well I figured its time for an update...
I passed the 96k mark this past week pulling a good load. Total GCVW was 23, 380 with truck and trailer full (Picture Attached). Drove about 410 miles each way up a couple good 9% grades. no issues. Ran great. pulled about 10-11mpg with that load but had a pretty strong head wind at least half the trip. I need my EGT gauge hooked up to see what kind of temps I'm pulling on the grades. Other than that, no issues since the new CP3 and Injectors.

DSCN0237-L.jpg

IMG_20130201_153101_335-L.jpg

Back