• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

KOJO Tune w/BIG HX40w

I'm sure he can adjust teh tune to work well for you. He is a great tuner, and helped furthur tuning on the 6.5 a good bit. Are you running a regualr wastegate, turbomaster style, or did you adapt the vacuum actuator?

Did you ever get your KOJO tune in? What changes did you ask for ie: set points, TCC lock up changes ect. What gears are you running?
I have not gotten the KOJO for my HX40w 18cm2 on application according to LEROY appears to be iffy at best but they would attempt it if I wanted.

As trans goes the 4L80e is built w/TransGo HD2 and lots of deep pocket parts and shifts firm light pedal shifts fast heavy pedal it winds the gears up and shifts hard resulting in vehicle leaping forward. I run 4.10's on loaded dia. 31.5" 295/75/16 e (advertised 33.5" dia) TOYO's, tq converter lockup is @ 48 mph as measured GPS.

Have a hot Heath Maxi Torque tune for now bellows lots of smoke when I lay into it and quick too driving normal no smoke.

As trans goes the 4L80e is built w/TransGo HD2 and lots of deep pocket parts and shifts firm light pedal shifts fast heavy pedal it winds the gears up and shifts hard resulting in vehicle leaping forward. I run 4.10's on loaded dia. 31.5" 295/75/16 e (advertised 33.5" dia) TOYO's, tq converter lockup is @ 48 mph as measured GPS.

Sounds like an optishift maybe on your christmas list. How much different from an A team turbo tune would it be ? I myself am running stock heads (for now) and dont need much changing except for earlier tcc lock up , fuel changes , gated @15 -20 psi. Im not towing anything to heavy these days I PM`d Kojo last night to see what can be done.

Sounds like an optishift maybe on your christmas list. How much different from an A team turbo tune would it be ? I myself am running stock heads (for now) and dont need much changing except for earlier tcc lock up , fuel changes , gated @15 -20 psi. Im not towing anything to heavy these days I PM`d Kojo last night to see what can be done.

Yea, I've been thinking a standalone trans controller would be great too.

That's what I thought too however the big HX40w 18 cm2 CKO is billed to replace the Super 40 18 cm2 which huffs lots of air at low boost and Leroy had conversed with them and they stated they would try, I had other issues at the time and kind of placed it on the back burner but would reconsider as everything I hear about the KOJO is better than other tunes.

Yea, I've been thinking a standalone trans controller would be great too.
That's what I thought too however the big HX40w 18 cm2 CKO is billed to replace the Super 40 18 cm2 which huffs lots of air at low boost and Leroy had conversed with them and they stated they would try, I had other issues at the time and kind of placed it on the back burner but would reconsider as everything I hear about the KOJO is better than other tunes.

I hear ya on the back burner. Ive been chasing down a vacuum leak in the fuel system (air in the line with no diesel leaking out)
And got fed up hearing that it`s my IP from every mechanic. So I gutted the fuel system from the FSU to the IP, filter`s and LP. So far so good.I wanted the fuel system to support the kojo tune and the HX40 anyway(when and if they will do the tune).
Just got a spare 98 ECM for $90.00 to send to kojo that way I can keep the stock one.
If the tune makes the 4l80e buck and jump I defiantly will consider an opti shift .

I hear ya on the back burner. Ive been chasing down a vacuum leak in the fuel system (air in the line with no diesel leaking out)
And got fed up hearing that it`s my IP from every mechanic. So I gutted the fuel system from the FSU to the IP, filter`s and LP. So far so good.I wanted the fuel system to support the kojo tune and the HX40 anyway(when and if they will do the tune).
Just got a spare 98 ECM for $90.00 to send to kojo that way I can keep the stock one.
If the tune makes the 4l80e buck and jump I defiantly will consider an opti shift .
The Holset/CKO turbines spool sooner than most other similar sized turbines by other manufacturers. The big 40's flow lots of air even in the T3 configuration I suspect that is the problem with tuners they have little or no experience tuning w/40 on a 6.5td...

I suppose its a lost art with all the new stuff coming out nowadays. Im guessing that most tuners are looking at 6.5`s like a dinosaur, and dont see the need. It almost sounds like the big 40 would do better with the intake restricted a little.

I suppose its a lost art with all the new stuff coming out nowadays. Im guessing that most tuners are looking at 6.5`s like a dinosaur, and dont see the need. It almost sounds like the big 40 would do better with the intake restricted a little.
The 6.5 is a niche market, always has been. It's hard to find shops willing to do tuning for an engine that maxxed out with mods still cannot do what a stock truck rolling off the showroom floor can do. It's just tough to justify the expense to tune combos for such a small market, when you your return will only be on a few trucks in reality.

The 6.5 is a niche market, always has been. It's hard to find shops willing to do tuning for an engine that maxxed out with mods still cannot do what a stock truck rolling off the showroom floor can do. It's just tough to justify the expense to tune combos for such a small market, when you your return will only be on a few trucks in reality.
FERM, I suspect the next move is the DuraMax or Cummin's in my Burb.

The Holset/CKO turbines spool sooner than most other similar sized turbines by other manufacturers. The big 40's flow lots of air even in the T3 configuration I suspect that is the problem with tuners they have little or no experience tuning w/40 on a 6.5td...

Just herd Back from Patric, and the Cores are on their way to Kojo. Any advise on what I should ask Kojo to do to the tune regarding the shift points (ie, sooner or later) You Guys are WAY ! more experienced with tunes and Turbos than I could ever dream of being.

Bigger turbo's mean rev it up. Shift sooner on throttle load to rev up. Keeps from lugging and keeps smoke down. You can lock at 35 MPH, but, the factory TCC is weak so you have to unlock with any application of throttle or it slips, unlocks, and then tries again.

Bigger turbo's mean rev it up. Shift sooner on throttle load to rev up. Keeps from lugging and keeps smoke down. You can lock at 35 MPH, but, the factory TCC is weak so you have to unlock with any application of throttle or it slips, unlocks, and then tries again.

Thanks War Wagon!
I heard that the TCC was that way ( and have felt it). Sounds like me putting off a billeted TC is rearing its head to slap me.
I humbly appreciate your wisdom. Id hate to send the tune back for tweaking. I just want to get my ducks in a row.
I'm sure there is probably nothing wrong with the tunes, more like what is wrong with the trucks abilities to keep up.
The only time I feel it lock solid is in third with a 2000 lb camper. I'm not doing much towing these days, except for the odd load of gravel in my dump box trailer. The trans is old and weakened I'm sure and is most likely ready for a rebuild.
Any suggestions on a reliable Billet TC?
Since I have no real feel to race or drag at my age,and the fact I haven't put new heads in (yet) or ARP`s for that matter. Any suggestions on boost psi. I've herd and read that 14 psi is the safer route for my application. You can PM me if need be , for the sake of the vendors here.

Back