• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Knew it was coming,

There is also a product from GM that significantly reduces the slop.
I`ll check that out, always like the best possible products for the application.
I am surprised that someone has not made a teflon product that would be in a grease gun form, when applied to wore splines it would fill the worn portions of the splines and remove the slack created from wear.

UPDATE:

39638-5dd44c46c43b7c3672077636472917de.jpg

What the heck is THAT?!? Can anyone say "ghosting"? <eyes rolling>

I'll let you in on a secret - the guy that copied the previous design and had to cut cost for his boss (chinaman, probably), didn't consider that the shaft turns at more than 20 RPM. If it wasn't so obnoxious, it would be comical.

Torque capacity isn't important, either, is it? <eyes rolling again>

If you do use this, I wouldn't go over about 15-20 mph with the 4wd engaged - seriously. If this thing ghosts, then you're only going to wipe out your seals and bearings in your front differential and transfer case, if you're lucky.

I've been here before with the front driveshaft. Mine was also seized, I couldn't get a replacement online or at the store at the time. Luckily I could still get it out. I also had 12 Residential contracts to uphold here 4wd was required.

I went to a local Junkyard and purchased a used unit for $125, took it to Fleet Pride for new joints and threw it on all within 8 hours.

I was fortunate, the local machine shop here had an exact front drive shaft rebuilt and ready to go. Someone had taken it to them then never came in and picked it up, it had been leaning in the corner for several years.
I know I paid more than I could have got one from Rock auto, but it was right there and I was wanting to get the truck back together.
No more vibrations now, up to about 60 MPH.

I was fortunate, the local machine shop here had an exact front drive shaft rebuilt and ready to go. Someone had taken it to them then never came in and picked it up, it had been leaning in the corner for several years.
I know I paid more than I could have got one from Rock auto, but it was right there and I was wanting to get the truck back together.
No more vibrations now, up to about 60 MPH.

@ Rockauto I like rockauto for a lot of things, but local available parts can be hard to beat sometimes. Now if they do lome amazon and open more local shipping points, they could lower the shipping costs and get more 1 day sales to local customers- especially if they allow pickups at will call or have local drivers like amazon and other parts stores. They could also get a lot of professional mechanic shops that way.

Now if we could get them to carry Powermaster line- that would be friggin Awesome!!!

@ Rockauto I like rockauto for a lot of things, but local available parts can be hard to beat sometimes. Now if they do lome amazon and open more local shipping points, they could lower the shipping costs and get more 1 day sales to local customers- especially if they allow pickups at will call or have local drivers like amazon and other parts stores. They could also get a lot of professional mechanic shops that way.

Now if we could get them to carry Powermaster line- that would be friggin Awesome!!!
Yes it would.
If I have to ever replace the starter on the 2000, it definitely will be the Power Master.
I am not an amazon Prime customer. I however do have a friend that is. I email Him the item page, He orders it and delivers it to My door. LOLOLOL

I guess I'm a little spoiled. Anything in any of the Speedway Motors catalogs (Street Rod or Racing) is just an eight minute drive away at Will Call at their International Headquarters and distribution warehouse. Surplus Center is on the way there and a five minute drive.

I guess I'm a little spoiled. Anything in any of the Speedway Motors catalogs (Street Rod or Racing) is just an eight minute drive away at Will Call at their International Headquarters and distribution warehouse. Surplus Center is on the way there and a five minute drive.
And here I thought I have it good with parts houses in about five minutes drive. Hit and miss if they`ll have whats needed.
Nice thing about it, if I don't feel like going for the drive, just a phone call and they will deliver to My residence. LOL

Back