• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Killing a 6.5 Truck For Parts

Save the throttle cable. Not available any longer.
I wonder what the MPGs were on that? had to be 23+

that's where I've always seen them installed. usually on a manual tranny. The older versions were hyd vs electrical

We had something similar on some grain trucks, it was a manual lock plumbed into the cab. The brand name was Micro Lock.

Engine-Trans- Transfercase Out

I pulled the transfer case off after draining the:shiiiiiite: "Mud" out of the transfer case. There was no oil in the case only the half cup of brown gunk.This is supposed to have red dextron in it:nonod:

IMG_2080_1.jpgIMG_2081_2.JPG

I went to drain the nv4500 and there is no drain plug:???::WTF: The boss in the casting is there for it but it isn't drilled and tapped:???:
I pulled the engine and trans out in one piece and split the trans off onto a cart and put the engine on a stand after removing the clutch and flywheel

IMG_2082_3.jpg IMG_2083_4.jpg

IMG_2084_5.jpg IMG_2085_6.JPG

IMG_2086_7.jpg IMG_2088_9.jpg

IMG_2087_8.JPG IMG_2089_10.jpg

IMG_2090_11.jpg IMG_2091_12.JPG

IMG_2092_13.jpg

these NV 4500 trannys drain trough the bottom PTO cover bolt hole.
That T-case is prob trash.

looks like the PO didn't know the words "reg maintenance":nonod:

these NV 4500 trannys drain trough the bottom PTO cover bolt hole.
That T-case is prob trash.

looks like the PO didn't know the words "reg maintenance":nonod:

I plan to use the case for a learning piece. I've never had one apart before. I'm not going to fix it,just take it apart to see how they work. I have 3 other spare cases.

Front driveline and fuel tank removed

I got the hub-knuckle-rotors off in one piece each side. Halfshafts out and front differential dropped out. The steering box , idler arm center link and tie rods all out also.
I removed the micro-lock? from the rear brake line. It had compression fittings.:eek::yikes::yikes:
Then I dropped the fuel tank that I thought was empty. I had run the lift pump to drain it. [or so I thought] As previous pics showed, the tank has some serious dents but doesn't leak. The tank was more than half full of fuel:WTF: I pulled the plastic shield off the bottom of the tank. The tank had been smashed up well over 2inches. Air pressure to the tank wouldn't push the fuel out ,so I pulled the pick-up/sender out of the tank. The steel pick-up line is/was kinked. I tried bashing the bottom of the tank back down but no go. Gonna have to drill a hole to drain this one:nonod:
All that's left to take off is the rear axle and leaf springs:thumbsup:

IMG_2106_1.JPG IMG_2107_2.JPG

IMG_2108_3.jpg IMG_2109_4.jpg

IMG_2110_5.JPG IMG_2111_6.jpg

IMG_2115_10.JPG IMG_2116_11.JPG

IMG_2117_12.jpg

Finishing The Kill

The only things left on the frame is the rear springs and axle.
I don't bother trying to get the nuts off the u-bolts without help from the hot-wrench. The impact wrench spins them right off when they are red hot:thumbsup: The u-bolts were pretty rusted but not the worst i've seen.

IMG_2119_2.JPG IMG_2120_3.JPG

The leaf spring bolts put up a bit of a fight. Quite a few home runs on each bolt with a 8lb sledgehammer to get them loose. Hauled the frame out to the scrap pile with the tractor.
More kills to come:eek::D

APPS

Would you happen to have the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor?? Need one badly for 99 6.5. 94 to 01 will fit.

Hey bk95td I keep sending u a pm telling u to bill my pay pal but the message dont seem to go thru????? Cant help it my retarded self has trouble with computers..... :-D

Back