• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Killing a 6.5 Truck For Parts

Any one else have a 6.2 fuel heater that would check ohms for me on a 6.2 GMC engine?
I was thinking, if I had resistance of heater I could find a replacement for it.
Knever know, there may be another soarce (sp?) for rod. ebay $129.00. ;<( Winter is coming and one of these days my GMC will not start. grigsby

Sorry I didn't back sooner grigsby, been busy and forgetful.

I went to check mine and there is no continuity so I can't help you out.

Burning Oil, Well no it does not look like anything like either of them. Thanks. Grigsby

NVW Thanks for checking. I might take my VOM to the dealer and ask to check ohms. Grigsby

ak Diesel driver, Yes my fuel filter housing is the 6.2 square, with round fuel heater rod in it. I replaced filter, thot it was leaking, but it was not. Only reason I found heater not working was rod started to leak. Sorry it was pouring out. -O- fell out sometimes when I had it out. When I found it missing, I just checked my stock and put another -o- ring in. Since then I found old ring on ground under engine. I also had to make a bleeder shutoff rod after I broke it trying to shut off when it was already shut off. Learning experience. Most people do not do crazy stuff. So I am down to needing a fuel heater rod or resistance of one. I am confident I could find one for $10-20. I would have to make a sleeve with -O- ring grove in it. I suppose I may could find fuse and figure 1/2 the amperage and get a 110 volt one and put it in. I know clear as mud? grigsby

Back