• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Big T

Reaction score
Yanked a Taco out that had rolled off the jeep trail and down the embankment. Guy admitted he was texting while driving. This was the 2nd yank after shortening up the strap. Elevation was about 6,000'.

Last edited:
Worked ok just now.

Always have to help, never know when it's your turn. Attaboy. Extra points always awarded for being a different brand truck.

Nice roof dent, did he do that on his textventure?
That is btw the appropriate time to roll coal on purpose...diesel smoke saves you- haha

The guy had a poly harness rated at 3500#. Everyone expected it to break, so I was careful not to snap jerk him out. That was the 2nd pull with the strap doubled so that I would have a clear runway and good angle to pull him out.

He rolled and ended up about 30' down in the bushes, but upright. It lost drive to the front. Otherwise it was ok mechanically, but I suspect it's a total. On the other hand, he could probably salvage a whole cab from a boneyard.....:)

I think the guys were stoned....or maybe just stupid. Anyhow, the 6.5 did it's job.

You need some logging chains to carry with you when you go offroad.

I still recall the last chain me and my dad broke. We never found the other end. Had a CAT scraper stuck and attempted to pull it out with another scraper. Almost had it till the chain let go. We pushed it out after that. - No more chain handy... :rolleyes:

Worked ok just now.

Always have to help, never know when it's your turn. Attaboy. Extra points always awarded for being a different brand truck.

Nice roof dent, did he do that on his textventure?
That is btw the appropriate time to roll coal on purpose...diesel smoke saves you- haha

Yes dent in roof was from rolling it. As were the other dents. Windshield was smashed. That top on the bed was fiberglass and it was broken. Though it was driveable, there was enough damage that it was probably a total.

Oh wow! When you said he rolled off the trail I thought you ment just veered of the path...
ROLLED- duh!

He rolled at least once. Take the length of that strap and double it, then add his harness and that is how far down he ended up. They had some contusions and bleeding. Guy gave me a big hug before we left.

Good Job Amigo. Was that trail one that we drove along looking for training areas?

No, this was out behind Lake Arrowhead. Forest Seevics Road 4N34 to Deep Hole on Deep Creek. Really not a difficult section at all. I did get turned around on some other trails and had 3 wheels touching ground per April the observer.

I carry 30' of 3/8" Hi-test chain with clevis hooks on each end and a 3"x20' snatch strap with loops on each end in the winter for those idiots that can't keep their cars between the ditches. Seems like first snow of the year 80% of the people can't remember how to drive since last winter.

both of my trucks carry a pair of 20' 2" ratchet straps, and a 50' grade 70(whatever that means) 3/8" chain in the winter... my work truck doesn't see much offroad... stupid open diff!!!

I've pulled plenty of ID10T's out of predicaments... I've got a 12K electric winch I plan on mounting on a front hitch... someday.

A 12,000 lb Warn Winch like this one I got for my son:

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/start-er-ing-issues.45290/

image-jpeg.47646

Back