• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

JD 4010

there was a 986 IHC at an auction I attended. quich tach great bend loader in excellent shape, bale spear and 2 buckets, whole combo didnt get over 10 grand (9500 to be exact). 5,xxx hours, original owner. 500 hrs on a rebuild, and judging by how he started engines, a guy could see why. set the throttle to 1500rpm, fire, dont idle down ever. :) otherwise it was in excellent shape. it wasnt turboed, but for the condition and price, still a good deal.

same sale, a 6080 allis MFD with a nice matching loader brought $13.5K

definitely keep an eye out on auctions, plenty of deals to be had.

Yup, I'm just not in a hurry now.

I have other equipment to find and a good heavy loader for the 4320 to get. I have an old gb high boy for the 4010 which will be the primary loader tractor in the yard or parked in the hay barn. If I need to do a lot of across pasture loading I'll bring the 43.

Sent from: Source Unknown

Not sure what happened, we pulled in to service up for the day and keep rolling and this was waiting for us.

We are all covered as far as insurance but with the recent tornado adjusters are busy.

We don't suspect foul play, very few people know where we are located. You can't see the equipment from the road and we are on a large private ranch 15 miles from any highway and 25 from any town. Hot bearings or electrical fire is our only guess.

I bet after seeing this, we wont be parking stuff close together in the field.

Did it start on one and hop to the rest? could have been anything, bearing on the baler, or mouse on wiring on the oldest one to the newest one, as long as it has a battery in it, anything is possible.

to replace the magnum, we have a line on a challenger with a CVT, any interest, or try to find a similar unit?

will the insurance company take care of selling to the salvage yards? if you get to do it, abilene machine out of abilene, and mikes equipment out of buhler are good to deal with.

sorry for your loss.

after reviewing the pic some more, is the far round baler OK? its amazing what a stiff wind will save during a machinery fire. the custom combiner guys allways try to get them pointed into the wind to save the header if its too far gone if they can.

That's our neighbors and he is keeping it for parts. All of its belts are melted and the computer is gone but mechanically it could run. The computer makes it a total loss.

lightning?

Possibly, it would make sense. The balers dont seem like the start of the fire. There was a STRONG north wind and the nose of my dad and I's tractors were into the wind, thats why I have one good tire, grill, and his loader (front 1/2) and grill are ok, same idea on why the other baler that was facing backward didnt get demolished.

Dad bought a new mx 140 and lightly used 2856 Massey Ferguson baler.

I'm heading to get another lightly used 2856 and borrow a tractor until my low hour 8930 gets here Monday.

Trying to make lemonade out of sour lemons. My new baler is a beast and the new tractor should he here by Wednesday. Been baling 14mph in 4 bale/ac hay, 200 bales w/o a glitch like that and 100 more in a rough pasture.

It feels good to be back moving again.

I don't know , but for simplicity I would think they (JD) would have a basic platform with different engine options. Come to think about it a neighbor had propane 4020's at his auction, I think the buyers wanted them to put their diesel engines in.

Know any old JD mechanics you could ask? My go to guy is dead so I am no help.
That does seem to be an issue. The go to guys I used are all gone. Starting with my Dad. The last one was my age. Kind of scary

Back