• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

JD 4010

The operator probably has an influence on clutch life too. Lots of people baled hay with them.

The 4440 is a heck of a good tractor. Mine had 8100 hrs when I sold it. Never burned any oil. I did change one headlight though.

The operator probably has an influence on clutch life too. Lots of people baled hay with them.

The 4440 is a heck of a good tractor. Mine had 8100 hrs when I sold it. Never burned any oil. I did change one headlight though.

I've changed every light on my 8920. I also upgraded to higher output lights though, helps when baling all night.

Like I said, I'm not hard on my equipment. I try to keep my stuff OUT of the shop. I like running proven tractors, some older cases will be cheaper but having used 44 series JD and 2090 Case I didn't really like the 2090 as much but it wasnt terrible. 2090's (and bigger) arent extremely popular but I wouldnt argue with one in good shape. I'm sure the 4010 will be ok but like you said, there is a possibility of break down with the clutch. I might try it on baling if I get an easy flat field and time to slow down.

we buy our allis' running for under 5 grand to tell you what deals are out there.

the middle aged deeres are hot right now, IMO due to the new ones being expensive and dainty (we bought a combine off a guy with a newer 6K series deere, says that little sow is getting sold and a 4450 will replace it, sank 5 grand in the front end, and that was the cheapest route the dealer offered) so IMO they are overpriced ATM. (saw a 4560 sell for 55K a week ago tomorrow) I also hate how the fuel tank is up front for changing ballast throughout the day, and the radiator sucks air off the front tires. the cab post on a sound guard also drives me nuts. :)

at the same sale as the 4560, the 7110 MFD magnum sold for 35K, so I would save for another smaller, older magnum but buy an allis or case for the meantime. fix it up a tick, and get your money back out of it when its upgrade time. who knows, you may fall in love with her! :)

Kinda like the 8940 that went for 60k, my 8920 has appreciated. Lol

The 4440 might go out of my budget but I won't know unless I try. I'll have the 4010 either way, I can run it until I have funds for the right tractor. Sorry but I'm not an Allis fan, it would have to be flawless and set up perfectly.

Sent from: Source Unknown

I'll get pics, I found a 4010 w/ diesel and turbo for 8k. Might buy it and rebuild mine how I want over time. I'll get pics of both.

Sent from: Source Unknown

My sister just sold her 4020 PS with 10,000 hrs and a dozer for $11,000. It's a 1967 model. They sell like hot cakes around here.

My sister just sold her 4020 PS with 10,000 hrs and a dozer for $11,000. It's a 1967 model. They sell like hot cakes around here.
They sell way overpriced everywhere. When I was looking for a 4020 I wound up with an IH656 that was actually a better tractor with 3k hrs for $4200. Sold it 7 years later for $3700 with 5k on it

3020 diesel console powershift, nothing special with fresh paint on hood and fenders sold for 11,500 last fall. stupid high pricing.

tanner, you may have luck, the 4430 sold today for 10,300 dollars. still way more than what I was good for, or thought it was worth, but it seems the 30 series is a little softer compared to the 466 powered ones from 40-60 series.

as far as you opinion on Allis', if it was formed from an older one, I could see your point, as some of them had rear end issues, trannies hopping out of gear, overall not quite rugged enough. now the 7000 series has big inboard planetaries that will take damn near anything you can throw at it, and the PTO system is also much improved. So, if an older Allis has got you soured, still try and check out the newer ones.

do you have much interest in that 1066 hydro? its the same gal with the buick diesel car, so I need to look her up again anyhow.

1066's were good up to ~175hp from my reading, find out what she wants and what options it has.

Been drooling over 52/5488's recently, Not full powershifts but it seems people like to unbolt the 5x88 rears and bolt 7120, 7220, 8920, and bigger PS tranny, rear end, and cabs on them. All the comforts of a CIH w/ an international 466 under the hood. I'm not the only crazy guy that doesnt mind swaping the whole back 1/2 (or 2/3's lol)of a tractor lol.

IMO the 5288 is a sleeper for IH. guys hated them for some reason, I think the controls mainly, and looks a little. dont they have inboard planetaries, unlike all the older ones (minus the 15's)? I though the reverse air flow made for a decent haying tractor.

definitely dont overlook a 5x88 series, and you should get one reasonable too.

IMO the 5288 is a sleeper for IH. guys hated them for some reason, I think the controls mainly, and looks a little. dont they have inboard planetaries, unlike all the older ones (minus the 15's)? I though the reverse air flow made for a decent haying tractor.

definitely dont overlook a 5x88 series, and you should get one reasonable too.

You are correct, the planetaries are different. IH guys on the forums see them as the holy grail. I think one will match up to the 8920 nicely, on my list but they are too big for what I need now. Same size as a 89x0 and less turning radius doesnt make a hay stacking tractor.

I need an agile loader for the moment.

I can't scrape up the down pay for a 28K 4440 at the moment. I appreciate the 2 cents. I might end up waiting a bit. I'm looking for clean rigs and not something that looks like the farmer rigs I'm used to.

I feel like a complete idiot on the 4010 now, I looked closer a couple days ago and it is a 4010D. Problem solved there, in frame rebuild, rebuilt heads (maybe off a combine), rebuilt squirters, tune the way I like, and roll.

Found some info on 4010 clutches. Seems I'm not the only guy that needs one built for alot of clutch activity.
http://ytforums.ytmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=1002665

I'm making a push to get my 93 K3500 5speed out of the shop so I can have room for the 4010D THEN I will be rebuilding my 93 c3500 and probably flipping it to get cash.

One problem, I've got that pesky wedding thing this weekend... Our invites just came in yesterday, should mean more cake for me lol.

glad the 4010 solved itself!

that 4230 sure looks like an old repaint to me, and not with the best paint either.
4230s are fuel guzzlers and are NA, so IMO low on pwer and high on fuel consumption.

how about this? http://www.nextechclassifieds.com/listings/view/457439/ inboard planetaries for heavy work, short WB IH for manuverability. also, IH gurus chime in, but I think this would have a wet clutch, but am not sure.

unfortunately there was a 5088 on there for 9K that I cant find anymore.

Any word on the hydro? I might have one coming from michigan with full rebuilt engine w/ receipts for under 20K (says he has 11K in it) or I have a MINT 4320 for 18K on the line

http://enid.craigslist.org/grd/3684900952.html

I would pay 28k for that 4440 you mentioned before 18k for the 4320. IMO

I hadn't looked at your link, just saw 4320 there. The 4430 isn't a bad tractor, they can be hard on fuel if worked hard. I should say I wouldn't pay 28k for a 4440 either, I just meant I would before 18k for a 4320.

Back