• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It's Time...New Suncoast GMAX-6 Kit (Now With Video)

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Just Ordered up the Suncoast GMAX-6 Kit and 1054 Converter! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to get it in, and See what this "Totally Different Truck" Feeling everyone Talks about. :D

Last edited:
who did you order it from.....wish I would have known you were going to order...i may have to.......

Truck is goin in on Tuesday.

The New Place I'm having do it is supposedly "The Shop" to go to. All the Big Time Racing Guys I Talked to said to go to them, so I Feel pretty good.

Labor is gonna Run $1500, and that's less than the other Shop I was gonna use down the Road from my House.

Couldn't Tell ya. I'm having a Shop do it.

But some here have done it Themselves or with a Friend over the Weekend. So I guess if you know what your doing, have the Proper Tools, it can be done "at Home".

That's $1500 well spent IMO.

I wouldn't mind doing it myself if I took a few days off to do it, but the worry of dropping that damn heavy thing. Especially trying to do it without a lift.

The New Place I'm having do it is supposedly "The Shop" to go to..... Labor is gonna Run $1500, and that's less than the other Shop I was gonna use down the Road from my House.
Care to elaborate on the locale of these shops? PM if it's sensitive info, please.

Interesting. I'll have to stop by the shop next week to take a tour. I never knew they existed!! Nice to utilize the local talent when you can. Good luck!

Interesting. I'll have to stop by the shop next week to take a tour. I never knew they existed!! Nice to utilize the local talent when you can. Good luck!

Yep, they are on a lil Strip of Main Street that has everything. You got this Tranny Shop, Radiator Shop, Wheel & Tire Shop, Rhino Lining Shop, then on the Corner is the Speed Shop I Deal with that has everything and then some that the other Shops Listed don't have. So it's Nice.

Truck's at the Shop. They said I should have it back Thursday around 5.

These are gonna be a loooooong 2 Days.

You'll love it James. Now time to put a big tune on when you get it back.

It's all done. It's at the GMC Dealer getting Tech2'd, even though I Told them I could do it with EFI, I guess they Forgot.

...how should I Break this thing in? Do some Highway Driving or around Town Driving?

It's all done. It's at the GMC Dealer getting Tech2'd, even though I Told them I could do it with EFI, I guess they Forgot.

...how should I Break this thing in? Do some Highway Driving or around Town Driving?

Let them use a Tech II, must better than the EFILive in my experience.

Hopefully he does the "Fast Learn" procedure.

Make a few easy passes shifting out through all gears at 1/4 throttle, then do the same at 1/2 throttle, then 3/4, then Full throttle.

Let them use a Tech II, must better than the EFILive in my experience.

Hopefully he does the "Fast Learn" procedure.

Make a few easy passes shifting out through all gears at 1/4 throttle, then do the same at 1/2 throttle, then 3/4, then Full throttle.

Yea, he Said they were gonna Fast Learn it.

Back