• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It's Time...New Suncoast GMAX-6 Kit (Now With Video)

Got it back. Can't really tell if it Shifts / Drives Different. Kinda Feels like a 1/2 way Blend of Regular Mode and Tow Haul.

Shifting is all Funky now, but by the Time I got Home, it's Smoothing Out.

Cost was LESS than they Quoted. Was only $11xx Installed. I almost Fell Over when he Said how much it was, I was Shocked.

Got it back. Can't really tell if it Shifts / Drives Different. Kinda Feels like a 1/2 way Blend of Regular Mode and Tow Haul.

Shifting is all Funky now, but by the Time I got Home, it's Smoothing Out.

Cost was LESS than they Quoted. Was only $11xx Installed. I almost Fell Over when he Said how much it was, I was Shocked.

Yea they will feel funky for a little bit. When it learns good give it a good WOT run and you feel them click off...

That's what I paid for my labor. Good deal :thumbsup:

I'm so Glad I went to this Place now. The other Shop that I was gonna Use, that I've Used 2x already, Quoted me $2600 for the Install....I Guess they don't Give Returning Customer Discounts.

I'm so Glad I went to this Place now. The other Shop that I was gonna Use, that I've Used 2x already, Quoted me $2600 for the Install....I Guess they don't Give Returning Customer Discounts.

That's about the average cost of the kit..:eek:

Yep, when I First went there Last Year, they Told me $1680, then when I went back a Month or so ago, they Told me $2600.

Haha, this thing is a lil Tricky to Drive in the Rain now. Def. can't get into it anywhere near as much as I could before.

It's really Smoothing out now and getting very Nice.

I tried to Lay into it Yesterday, and got a REALLY Hard 2-3 Shift, so I guess it's still got some Learning to do before I can try that again.

Haha, this thing is a lil Tricky to Drive in the Rain now. Def. can't get into it anywhere near as much as I could before.

It's really Smoothing out now and getting very Nice.

I tried to Lay into it Yesterday, and got a REALLY Hard 2-3 Shift, so I guess it's still got some Learning to do before I can try that again.

That shift and the 4-5 gave me issues for about a week.

I really wanna Add some more Power now, but I have no Clue where to Start with my EFI.

Did Nick not include a big tune? If not, I would start with the 425RWHP tune in the library.

Yea, he did. I Asked him to give me something that is like the PPE Level 6 I had.

Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome Tune, but now that I got the Trans Built, I can Throw some more Power at it...or atleast take out some DeFuel or Torque Management, but I don't know how.

Yea, he did. I Asked him to give me something that is like the PPE Level 6 I had.

Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome Tune, but now that I got the Trans Built, I can Throw some more Power at it...or atleast take out some DeFuel or Torque Management, but I don't know how.

I just a new TCM tune in today that I wrote.

I like it, feels strong. I'll send you copy if you'd like.

As far as defuel, that's a very particular thing that I haven't figured out. The TCM tune I did raises the shifts to 3500 and raises the desired torque levels.

I just a new TCM tune in today that I wrote.

I like it, feels strong. I'll send you copy if you'd like.

As far as defuel, that's a very particular thing that I haven't figured out. The TCM tune I did raises the shifts to 3500 and raises the desired torque levels.

Yea, Send it over to me if you can. I'll take a look at it.

James,
So how is it now that its smoothed out?

It's good. Drives (Feels) like Stock.

...still pretty Tricky to Drive it in the Rain. Now I See what People Mean about a tight Converter. It doesn't Bother me though. I know the Power is being Transferred with it being so Tight.

Here's a Vid of the Tranny Stock First...then Built Second. Does it Look like it's Holding the Power now, and not Slipping?

Back