• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Isuzu 4BD2T diesel swap into Suburban

OK got it figured out. There are two wire from the rear speed sensor that needed to be swaped one for the other. Truck is now running great, but I still need to ajust the shift points. Its real quiet inside, it has plenty of power as its sits. It does vibrate alot in gear at a stop. I need to lower the idel some more. All in all Im happy so far and will be tweaking on it here and there.
Here is another video of the second test drive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfC0Ke_DD4g&feature=youtu.be

drivin' the 45................
what was the rpm at 65?
looked nice and quick. it was real quiet.
is it good enough to take a trip to check mpg? after each mod, injector, turbo, will you do a mpg run to see if there is any positive/negative results?

I45 for alittle bit then off on Nasa Rd 1.
I forgot to take note of RPM, but seem to remember 1700.
It is pretty quick, I can keep up with traffic through all speeds, before I would lag behind then catch up at higher speeds.
Im real interested in MPG also, so I'll be keeping up with that.
Im going to add a boost and pyro gauge before I start moding any more.

Looks good!!!! Hows the raddling? Do you think those engine mount are going to be just fine?
Also can you explain i think you said trans command a little better. I didnt think that year suburban had a computer on the tranny. Also how much did it cost pics?

were do you get the mirrors i like!!!

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/sh...-GMT-400-trucks&highlight=trailer+tow+mirrors Prices did go up alittle since then PM for a firm quote.

Rattling was the glove box door was open, but it does vibrate alot more than the 6.5, but I knew it would just the nature of a 4cly diesel. I need to lower the idel and think I should have lowered the stall speed on the converter also.
The Trans controller can be fine tuned by laptop PC or on the OptiShift itself.
All 4L80E's had a computer/tcm of some kind unless you go to a manual valve body (witch I do not recomend in a daily driver at all)
How much did the OptiShift cost?
http://www.pmdcable.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=41

Thank you for watching, it was alot of fun. As I said before its my therapy. I have to keep my hands busy.
Videos take a very long time to load to Youtube, the last vid only 8-9 minutes long took over 2 hours. Are ya'll finding this to be the norm?
It raining again today or I would be installing the new GP relay.

Quick update: Got the OptiShift tuned in much better. Its shifting through the gears nice, but toward the end of my test drive (witch was at lower speeds) I noticed it was not going into lock up unless I was almost off the pedal and it really could not maintain speed with that much foot feed input. So, tomorrow I will be be ajusting that out.
The more I work with the OptiShift the more I like it. You can try all kinds of shifting patterns and as long as you don't "save" it to the OptiShift it will go back to the previous table. If you do like it then just save it and it becomes the new table.
Side note: at 60mph its around 1525-1550 rpm. Its going to be an awesome highway truck.

Theres a couple of way to make your upload faster. set your video camera to a lower quality. or you can try to upload to www.photobucket.com.
Thanks again for all the updates!

Wife and i have decided to look for a k2500 with a blown 6.5 i missed one in stockton for 1000.
I found another for 700 but the dash is removed and the dash harness is missing. Also front and rear seats are missing. Little scared but the price is right. Im wondering if a 94 1500 and a 94 k2500 has the same dash and harness?

Your up late!
94 1500 DIESEL harness would be the same.
Im going to start my next search for a 4door short bed. They were only in gassers I think and were pretty rare. Anyone know what year those started? I saw a Suburban a couple weeks ago that they had cut the roof off just behind the rear door and fabed in a truck rear window and made the rear area into a bed. They did a very nice job on it (i'd drive it). I have always wanted to mod the tailgate on a truck to except modified Suburban barn doors. I think the way they open outward is a better design than a tailgate. Reason being is if you are carrying something heavy you can set the load down in the bed with barn doors. With a tailgate you have to musle the load over the gate. With a 100# load of ?? it can/does strain my back.

Your up late!
94 1500 DIESEL harness would be the same.
Im going to start my next search for a 4door short bed. They were only in gassers I think and were pretty rare. Anyone know what year those started? I saw a Suburban a couple weeks ago that they had cut the roof off just behind the rear door and fabed in a truck rear window and made the rear area into a bed. They did a very nice job on it (i'd drive it). I have always wanted to mod the tailgate on a truck to except modified Suburban barn doors. I think the way they open outward is a better design than a tailgate. Reason being is if you are carrying something heavy you can set the load down in the bed with barn doors. With a tailgate you have to musle the load over the gate. With a 100# load of ?? it can/does strain my back.

The first link is something I had considered also. The idea cam from the old station wagons with the "dual action tailgate" they opened out like in the link OR fliped down like a tailgate. This would be the best option and possibly easier than converting Suburban doors.

The last one looked good with the exception that it was on a Ridgeline. It's not a truck! :nonod:

Its a "chick truck". I do like the design of the tailgate though. Next time I see one I'll take a look to see what the hardware looks like and how hard it would be to convert to a Chevy.
I was hopeing when Ford came out with their built in tailgate step that it would set off the "tailgate wars" between the big 5.

Truck is now running excellent. No mpg #s yet still have yet to burn a 1/4 tank, but I am excited to know!! Trans is shifting very nicely with the new OptiShift. I will say its much easier to tune the OptiShift with a laptop along for the ride than on the unit itself and a couple features a PC can do that you can't on the unit itself.
I still have to hook up the engine shut down solenoid right now I still have to open the hood and shut it down.

Back