• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Isuzu 4BD2T diesel swap into Suburban

Put a peace of metal inside to separate the cylinder. So 2 on one and 2 on the other. It will help with earlier spooling and more torque. Just make sure the peace goes all the way into the manifold.

Very cool Leroy, do you think the extra spacer will add too much unwanted torque or harmonics on the exhaust manifold? Basically moved the turbo weight and spinning wheels on a longer arm so its more stress on the mount. I suppose that was the original thought for adding a support strap/brace. Like the GM turbo had that one support bar from the turbo to the intake.

Im all about reinforcing things. I'll look at that tomorrow.

Put a peace of metal inside to separate the cylinder. So 2 on one and 2 on the other. It will help with earlier spooling and more torque. Just make sure the peace goes all the way into the manifold.

Im going to run it like it is for now, but would consider it in the future. I want to get this thing running first.

Had to redo the turbo oil drain since the turbo is now in a different spot.

I cut the tubing off the flanges from the turbo and block connections. Then cut 1/2" pipe threads into them. Im using some compression fittings and 5/8" copper tube for the drain.
DSCN3199.JPG
DSCN3200.JPG

Got the down pipe painted with High temp paint and wraped with some ThermoCool. It turned out real nice.
Painted the pipe from air box to turbo inlet also.
DSCN3201.JPG

Got some small detail things out of the way. The seem small but can take alot of time to get just right.

Got the bypass oil filter installed. Made a simple bracket and mounted it up. I was able to reuse the stock fittings and hose the went originaly to the vac pump.
Also, in the pic is the new 22SI alt.
The turbo outlet had been rotated toward the 6 oclock position. I have some silicone elbows and couplings on order and will be installing the water to air IC next week.
DSCN3208.JPG
These are for the alt/water pump.
DSCN3211.JPG
This is a hose that works perfectly. I don't know the application so here is the part #. I just bought a few at the auto parts store then returned the ones I don't need.
DSCN3212.JPG
DSCN3213.JPG
DSCN3214.JPG

Main things now are the intercooler and oil pan. Im going to plumb in the rest of the exhaust tomorrow.

Other stuff:
trans cooler lines.
Engine cut off solenoid.
Radiator over flow tank.
Electrical wiring.
OptiShift trans controller.
And more that I can't remember now.

I'll probally start doing more videos. I think they can be more usefull.
i really liked em. almost like i was there. i'll be in Kemah tomorrow but no time to drop by. it didn't rain today so i guess you took some vids of the batteries?
get the ones of the first crank over. i want to hear how it sounds.

No vids today. Got the exhaust just about finished up though. Still need two band clamps and a hanger. I try to get the video tomorrow.

Back