• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IP timing

IIRC 6-11 mm3 is where it should be. If your TPS isn't touchy Simon I wouldn't worry about it.

Texas Diesel Guy over at DP was the one playing with the bump. I used to have it bookmarked but lost it when I installed a new OS on my laptop.

I thought at idle it should be 1-2 mm tops

8-9Mm3 of fuel is a normal fuel rate for idle. 5 isn't bad, but if it drops much lower you will get a touchy throttle pedal and maybe poor lockup of the transmission.

I took a test drive.
Fuel rate is now 6-8 at idle and about 30 at 1800 rpm. I get slight bucking when i hit third gear but once it locks in it runs fine.
I don't think it is the engine doing it cause the parameters on the scanner never changed.
I ain't going to do the optic bump, i have enough rattle as is and the mill responds pretty good when i put my foot in it.

I'm gonna tear the IP down that i replaced and see if i can find what caused the sub idle non-responsive throttle that has bugged me for the last 4 years on cold starts and had escalated to all first starts even in above freezing as well which was the reason for the IP swap last week.

Bingo!.

I took the stepper motor off the IP and compared the position of the screw rod with a couple other steppers i have on my selection of IP's.
The rod on the stepper i took off is 6mm further extended( and the cause of DTC P1214 being set) than the rods on any of the spare steppers.

I put the stepper with the retracted rod on the IP( swapping steppers is an easy job actually), connected the batts and fired it up and did a quik scan.
CODE is GONE.👍
Desired timing was 13, actual timing was 13, TDCO was 0.00. :D ( no time set done yet)

Pic,..The one on the left is the stepper from my truck,.the one on the right is one off a spare pump
I have benefitted by your experience again, Simon. Constant dtc 34, hard start, white smoke. Whacked the stepper, tried again, and it got a little better. Took it off and it's stuck bad, and had water or something like it comeing out!
Miss you.

I have benefitted by your experience again, Simon. Constant dtc 34, hard start, white smoke. Whacked the stepper, tried again, and it got a little better. Took it off and it's stuck bad, and had water or something like it comeing out!
Miss you.
Hello Dangerousdave.
I’m fairly new here, checked Your profile, You been a member for quite some time.
Good to see You posting back in again.

Back