• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intake project

That was me who posted about the 5 CFM . Had a friend port my heads and he went to the Mondello school . Did some BBC and the 6.5 heads for me . I have never seen any numbers from Chris on his ported heads . If you are in the business of selling 6.5 heads , why wouldn't you post some numbers ? The interesting point about this thread is that everyone talks about boost but really that engine will probably run NA most of the time . There is a point that you switch over from NA to boost but how does it run in between that point ? If you have seen WW's posts , you will note the higher stall conv to go with the AAT . I can tell you that the stock open plenum manifold is worth 20 CFM over the dual plane manifold and the open is just under 200 CFM . My heads flow more than that and would require a different manifold as well .

@EWC

Well I thought I have posted numbers here in the past but maybe not.. I currently have set # 8 for this year being worked on and I will provide up to date numbers when I finish them in a few weeks.

Past numbers were EX - 200-225cfm @ .450" lift, IN - 250-275cfm @ .450" lift , every set flowed within 15cfm of these numbers, these numbers were also with coated runners, none have been with bare runners...

Once I finish my p400 heads I will post those numbers as well but they won't be apples to apples due to larger valves..

And NO, I am not a flow bench tech, I have stood by and watched many heads be flowed but am in no way a pro and don't think I ever will be..

Nor do I know what would be "best" for these motors, I stated from the start my reason for this project, "because I want to", I am spending my own time and money, I don't have a wallet like Gale Banks or the equipment to find what works best..

I'm open to someone who does know more to chime in and I will see if I can build something better..

Hi all,

So let me just put this out there, it was not my intention to start a flame-war on a supporting vendor/member!!!

TSP from all accounts has a very good customer track record, and the owner seems to be a stand-up individual! So I'd like to nip any derogatory discussion of his products in the butt. It seems very unwarranted! As a vendor, I would assume he would furnish available data for his products upon request.

Back to induction topics - the I/E ratio & flow on the TSP worked heads is really good! If his porting profile(s) are Peninsular derived, I'm sure they perform quite well. Speaking of Peninsular, I was rather sad to see them close shop. Bought from 'em a few times. They always answered all my Q's and provided unique services like selling mixed-sized bearing kits.

EWC - you heads spec rather nice too! Mondello, if I remember correctly is a performace god to the old school Oldsmobile crowd. I believe for olds/poncho heads, he was the go-to for worked heads.

Forgive my ignorance, what is the cc's numbers on the oem 6.5 head casting intake? As the worked-over numbers on these 6.5 heads on a sbc would produce nice hp/tq, if they're in the 180-200cc range?

Back