• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intake project

EWC

Reaction score
That was me who posted about the 5 CFM . Had a friend port my heads and he went to the Mondello school . Did some BBC and the 6.5 heads for me . I have never seen any numbers from Chris on his ported heads . If you are in the business of selling 6.5 heads , why wouldn't you post some numbers ? The interesting point about this thread is that everyone talks about boost but really that engine will probably run NA most of the time . There is a point that you switch over from NA to boost but how does it run in between that point ? If you have seen WW's posts , you will note the higher stall conv to go with the AAT . I can tell you that the stock open plenum manifold is worth 20 CFM over the dual plane manifold and the open is just under 200 CFM . My heads flow more than that and would require a different manifold as well .

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Vendor
Reaction score
@EWC

Well I thought I have posted numbers here in the past but maybe not.. I currently have set # 8 for this year being worked on and I will provide up to date numbers when I finish them in a few weeks.

Past numbers were EX - 200-225cfm @ .450" lift, IN - 250-275cfm @ .450" lift , every set flowed within 15cfm of these numbers, these numbers were also with coated runners, none have been with bare runners...

Once I finish my p400 heads I will post those numbers as well but they won't be apples to apples due to larger valves..

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Vendor
Reaction score
And NO, I am not a flow bench tech, I have stood by and watched many heads be flowed but am in no way a pro and don't think I ever will be..

Nor do I know what would be "best" for these motors, I stated from the start my reason for this project, "because I want to", I am spending my own time and money, I don't have a wallet like Gale Banks or the equipment to find what works best..

I'm open to someone who does know more to chime in and I will see if I can build something better..

94DieselSub

Reaction score
Hi all,

So let me just put this out there, it was not my intention to start a flame-war on a supporting vendor/member!!!

TSP from all accounts has a very good customer track record, and the owner seems to be a stand-up individual! So I'd like to nip any derogatory discussion of his products in the butt. It seems very unwarranted! As a vendor, I would assume he would furnish available data for his products upon request.

Back to induction topics - the I/E ratio & flow on the TSP worked heads is really good! If his porting profile(s) are Peninsular derived, I'm sure they perform quite well. Speaking of Peninsular, I was rather sad to see them close shop. Bought from 'em a few times. They always answered all my Q's and provided unique services like selling mixed-sized bearing kits.

EWC - you heads spec rather nice too! Mondello, if I remember correctly is a performace god to the old school Oldsmobile crowd. I believe for olds/poncho heads, he was the go-to for worked heads.

Forgive my ignorance, what is the cc's numbers on the oem 6.5 head casting intake? As the worked-over numbers on these 6.5 heads on a sbc would produce nice hp/tq, if they're in the 180-200cc range?