• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I think I may have gelled.

I never had a problem either, until this year. I have used anti-gel and fuel supplements since day 1. I knew it right away, as soon as I accelerated. Very slow, then the bucking, then the CEL coded. I was shocked. But as Will stated, if the local refineries did not add the right stuff to the fuel then problems occur. I have also purchased my fuel from the same station for many years now. Shell.

You had gelling with more than one tank Jeff? If it's just one then check with others that got a fillup about the same time as you if you know of any. The seller isn't likely to acknowledge it.

Dont just file the report. Give it 3-4 days after you filed the report, then get on the phone with the fuel distributor. Have anyine in the area that went through it do it also. It is not unusual for the distributor to give out "gift cards" as an apology to ensure customer satisfaction, not just the fuel but your time is of value as well.

The stations over here treat te fuel so it gells at a lot lower temperature.
Anytime it gets close to zero degrees, I blend 50/50 nummer one and two. I dont care what the station manager tells Me about their treatment to the fuel.
Been on the road at 30 below and had no problems.

I have wondered if a guy should duct tape two sheets of cardboard to the fuel cooler in winter time on the Duramax to ensure warmer fuel makes it back to the tank.

We had an old GMC Astro cabover truck with a 6V92T Detroit Diesel, and the ol 2 strokes returned alot of fuel, many say fuel is actually a secondary coolant in the old 2 strokes, and on many winter days when we headed out, if we could just make it 3 miles, we had it made, as hot fuel returning would thaw the fuel in the tank.

I remember a long while back, someone did some tests. They put a motorcycle fan on that cooler in the summer. Ir didn't really help much at all. So I am not sure how well that cooler really works as is.

Back