• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I committed one of the seven deadly sins

The egt's get right up there with the predator if you tow, I would go down to the tow setting. I love the programmer. If you don't have gauges get some they help.

Best to buy the tuner right from Diablo or is there a cheaper place? I doubt it but had to ask ! Any of you guys running the 85 tune have your EGR blocked? My trucks been throwing P0403 and I keep resetting it with a scan gauge,but ???? It's at the dealer now to see whats up? I was hoping to ghost it out but don't have alot of $$$$. $369 sound right for a new Predator? Does this thing stay plugged in ?? I am a tune-tard so go easy on me!

Best to buy the tuner right from Diablo or is there a cheaper place? I doubt it but had to ask ! Any of you guys running the 85 tune have your EGR blocked? My trucks been throwing P0403 and I keep resetting it with a scan gauge,but ???? It's at the dealer now to see whats up? I was hoping to ghost it out but don't have alot of $$$$. $369 sound right for a new Predator? Does this thing stay plugged in ?? I am a tune-tard so go easy on me!

John, a used Predator tuner can be had for around $200. I run the 85 hp tune and my EGR is still functional. I had the P0403 code some time back and the dealer tried the re-flash first then wound up replacing the ERG. All done under warranty. The tuner is not plugged in after you load the tune. For the money I think it is a great tuner....

Yea plenty of used ones around. Try to keep a eye out on the diesel place classifieds.

Predator on 85 tune

Anyone besides me notice that:
1) Trans shifts pretty hard when cold?
2) 2nd gear is doggy compared to 1st, 3rd, & 4th?

Do not ever buy anything directly from the manufacturer. They're gonna end up raping you on the prices. Get with one of our vendors here and you;ll end up paying substantially less than what Diablo is asking for one.

Do not ever buy anything directly from the manufacturer. They're gonna end up raping you on the prices. Get with one of our vendors here and you;ll end up paying substantially less than what Diablo is asking for one.

That is true Nick, but I'm seeing threads at other sites where the manufacturer is making it hard on the user for support if not bought from them. I've never needed tech support for my Predator though. Can't say the same about the Hypertech I had though, there tech support wasn't very helpfull.

Well I never did buy a programmer, but my LBZ is now efi-live tuned! Thank you stacks04 ! Man oh man what a difference!!! My trucks hauls major ass! I cannot believe it's the same truck! AND my EGR is now blocked so that nonsense is over with! PCV reroute is next on the list.

Excellent: Keep us informed of how it performs! What kind of tune do you have in that EFI?

?? stacks04 custom tune??

He'd be the one to ask, he showed me some of the stuff he manipulated but it's way over my head! So far acceleration is smooth,snappy and crisp! Power is phenomenal,and my tune is mild,I can't imagine what it would be like maxed out!!

Without changing my driving habits and not paying too much attention to the speedo, gained 2 mpg on my trip to upstate NY and back ! So smooth and peppy, was up around 75 most of the time without knowing it!

LOVE THIS TUNE !

Back