• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I committed one of the seven deadly sins

Sounds good. Why worry? After a few more good meltdowns over there, they won't have a site. :D

I don't think I could drive one without it.

Dude, put it on the 85 tune and leave it alone. Watch your mileage increase. You're not gonna hurt anything man.

Exactly. I can't believe you didn't already have one. I most of the time assume people do.

And it doesn't work.

It's the right part no, says it's for an 06 LLY/LBZ so everything should be good.

The thing flashes the ECM just fine, but when I went to drive it, no dice. I started with the 65 tune, it flashed fine, everything worked. I went to drive off and it wouldn't go over 1500 rpm or shift out of 1st. Tried the 40 tune and it did the same thing.

I re-flashed it with the 85 tune and everything went fine there. Went to drive it, backed out of the driveway, *barely* touched the gas and it instantly went to WOT!!! After I shit myself, instantly threw in in N, the thing reved to the moon and I shut the key off. Now scared to death, I put the stock tune back in it and it seemed to be fine from then on.

Definitely having second thoughts about this thing right now.

Grady go online and see if you can update thru their website. I remember people having the same problem and this could possibly not had the update.

You need to Update the Tuner.

Once you do that, it should all be Fine.

This should be what you need: http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=74

Thanks... looks like I need to head to CompUsa for a DB9-USB cable and an AC adaptor to download the updates. It's got a 2007 program in it now.

The guy I bought it from said it worked just fine on his LBZ. :confused:

I just wassn't expecting it to go Toyota. Man, that could have been ugly if it had happened at a light or something.

It's got an older program loaded into it than your current ECM tune.

I just sent mine to Odlaw and his did the same thing. Weird this is that it works fine with my truck. It needs to be updated.

Update:
Got a serial-usb cable tonight, downloaded the latest update and it works good now!

That thing scared the hell out of me earlier and I was ready to say screw it. I certainly wasn't expecting a huge black cloud and spontaneous acceleration.

Update:
Got a serial-usb cable tonight, downloaded the latest update and it works good now!

That thing scared the hell out of me earlier and I was ready to say screw it. I certainly wasn't expecting a huge black cloud and spontaneous acceleration.

LOL...yeah, once you get the feel it's hard to go back. I returned mine to stock last year for some last opportunity warranty work and it was the toughest week I've had the truck.

Should I do a download before I try it so I don't pull a Grady right away or just roll the dice? I'm told it's for either an LLY or LBZ. Also, does the predator have the ability to disable the egr code when I block it (FINALLY...)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back