• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I bought the last 10 P400s.

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Yes the last 10 according to GEP. Once they are gone thats it.
Id be willing to build one up as complete as you'd like.
Get one while you still can.

P400s will never hit the surplus auctions because as far as I know
they never made it into any Humvee other than possibly
a prototype of some kind.

For more info http://leroydiesel.com/products/p400-6-5-long-block/

Man, if there was anyway possible I could afford one...:arghh::sorry:

@Burning oil , that is the second time I have heard none or few p400 into hmmwvs. I saw the production numbers of p400 from GEP- they were turning them out in descent volume. I know of a couple hmmwvs that got them that were some well equipped hmmwvs, not “stock” units.
Any word from GEP where they all went?
I remember reading about large quantities to AM General for some overseas sold hmmwvs, but don’t remember if that info was from AM General or just about them.

AVA the authorized builder of C series Humvee was a large customer of the p400. I spoke a bit to them about this and other hummer parts including their 5 pass radiator and the magnetic suspension system they designed for the spec ops hmmwvs. He said GEP isn’t cancelling but shelving until another large order comes in of 10k or so. Did you hear anything about that?

Yeah, at this point all hope is gone for ever getting a take out p400 in America.

Think GM didn't want the competition for the Duramax? What a great way to finally get rid all those pesky 6.5 GMT-400's by axing the bullet proof version of the 6.5 that can sustain LB7 levels of power.

Think GM didn't want the competition for the Duramax? What a great way to finally get rid all those pesky 6.5 GMT-400's by axing the bullet proof version of the 6.5 that can sustain LB7 levels of power.
Quite honestly I bet GM doesn't care. They already have trouble building enough Duramax's to keep up with demand. And there current offering has 500/1000+ just waiting for a chassis to hold it.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. Gee, I wish one of these updates to the Forum would have a sarcasm font.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. Gee, I wish one of these updates to the Forum would have a sarcasm font.
The wink emogi is as close as we can get... But yeah, multi millions of Dmaxes out there with a continued strong demand says GM couldn't care much less...

Wow, the prices of these old "forgotten diesel" engines continues to go up a lot: both new and used. Not specific to just @Burning oil as the used sources I have used have doubled from $900 to $2000 for a GM cast 6.2.

Then add the tariffs and we could see some pretty steep increases in price due to the price of the materials used.

Back