• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40WII

Absolutely no problem all is good, and once I get the tune done down to the tee, I will make it available to the guys with OBD 1 that buy a turbo from me. That way they get the correct tune right off the bat, Now the OBD 2 stuff is between TheFerminator and Kojo, I have or will give both of them the finished tune to do with what they please. Got .2 tenths of a pound of boost at 1293 in fifth gear at 30 miles an hour no need to shift gears anymore as much as I had to and the third fourth gear large split is almost non existent anymore. Totally different truck

Looking foward to getting a tune to compliment the turbo. I will PM you for some details to my situation when the time to purchase a turbo gets closer.

If you get the Larger housing ATT with the quick spool then I am ready for it NOW. (well i have coin for one ATT not 2 like i want and the small housing is for my 95 K1500 which isnt ready to run)

For those of us that might have got to class late. Can you guys expand on the difference in the HX types. HX35, HX40W, HX40WII? And then relate them to the ATT. Thanks.

For those of us that might have got to class late. Can you guys expand on the difference in the HX types. HX35, HX40W, HX40WII? And then relate them to the ATT. Thanks.

From what I have gathered, the HX40II seems to use the same basic intake side with a larger exhaust side(14CM VS the HX's 12CM exhaust housing) than the HX35 does, and the HX40(16CM exhaust housing) is bigger on both sides than the HX35. The HX40II is curiously simliar on the intake side to the ATT, but has a smaller exhaust side for faster spool but is why it requires a wastegate. I have NOT seen them side by side, and this is simply what I have gathered from reading about them and seeing pics of them. And also don't forget about the HY35 which uses the same intake side as the HX35, but a 9 instead of 12CM exhaust housing. And there are variations in EACH model as well from one application to the next. And there is also the 5.9L CUMMINS hybrid HX40 which I haven't seen referenced yet. It uses a slightly larger exhaust side than the HX35, different intake impeller, but uses the HX35 center section and was known for twisting the turbine shaft off and is why DODGE quit having CUMMINS put them on after a short 2 year production run.

And also don't forget about the HY35 which uses the same intake side as the HX35, but a 9 instead of 12CM exhaust housing.
Thanks.
I have heard tell of the rice rocketeers using the HY35 on four poppers. They must spin the piss out of them before the boost starts even with the 9cm housing. It would work fine on a 6.5 though, getting boost up right off idle. BTW how is the HX40WII at off idle power considering it has a larger housing (but smaller than the regular HX40). The GM 8 is right there off idle.

Thanks.
I have heard tell of the rice rocketeers using the HY35 on four poppers. They must spin the piss out of them before the boost starts even with the 9cm housing. It would work fine on a 6.5 though, getting boost up right off idle. BTW how is the HX40WII at off idle power considering it has a larger housing (but smaller than the regular HX40). The GM 8 is right there off idle.

CHICAGOTDP back in teh day ran a HX35 and an HY35, and his opinion was that the HY35 was a MUCH better all around performer.

With my hx40II, the boost comes on around 1400-1500 Rpms with 4:10 gears

That's not really what I was expecting from the reports that everybody gives on it. I would have expected it to spool MUCH sooner than that.

Keep in mind I'm running stock ECM. And I now have the spring waste gate at minimum to keep the boost down. The stock actuator would let spool a little bit sooner.

especially with advantage they claim 4:10's give an ATT...

Well since you have ridden in a 3:73-d 6.5 (as have others) and had it run respectably well with your Dmax you/they can debunk the theory that 4:10s are required to make a ATT equipped vehicle run.

When I get my Burb up & running again, getting some rust repair taken care of & fresh coat of paint, you can then attest that even with 3:42s a ATT-d 6.5 is no slouch as some would lead folks to believe.

Well since you have ridden in a 3:73-d 6.5 (as have others) and had it run respectably well with your Dmax you/they can debunk the theory that 4:10s are required to make a ATT equipped vehicle run.

When I get my Burb up & running again, getting some rust repair taken care of & fresh coat of paint, you can then attest that even with 3:42s a ATT-d 6.5 is no slouch as some would lead folks to believe.

I never got the impression that yours was a slouch, or laggy like some say they are. I thought yours was quite responsive from riding in it. Is it as snappy as say a VGT turbo off the line, no. But it isn't a laggy smoke bellowing slouch either. It felt to me like if it boosted much quicker it would just roast the tires off. I ought to make a video of mine showing just how laggy 3.42 gears are(boosted launches are fun once you give it a little fuel down low).

Back