• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Huge problems :( Engine maybe

Matt, is the hose you purchased rated for diesel fuel? Better make sure.

Not sure at all, but this is just temporary. Not plumbing with this hose for sure.

Here is a double post, but incase someone is reading this thread as research down the road, want to include it to close it out. (Hopefully :)

Follow-up

Still 8 psi after installing Turbo Master and test driving it. Set turbo master to go no higher than 9 psi up the steepest hills at the pedal I drive. Had to back spring down to 2.1/4 inches or so, so less boost than the factory recommendations. Don't want to blow her up, just got her running well again

All is good in the life of 6.5 diesel for this man. Couldn't be happier with the way she is running now, and nothing like good ol' bonding with the rig in the cold winter.

BTW, very easy to route fuel guage inside hood groove behind hood hinge and into the drivers window. Can even drop the guage in the door compartment, and place it on the steering wheel back when driving.

I need to plumb a permanent one in very soon, for mpg savings (drive it so it doesn't drop pressure means better mpg for sure), and for troubleshooting/prevention.

Thats another day.

Thanks a ton guys for all your help.

Good Job, Matt!

We love hearing success stories after the initial "Oh NO!" response. Good job using your buddies here to help debug. I know I would have sold both rigs if you guys weren't around.

-Rob :)

Could you use a oil pressure gauge for a fuel pressure gauge? That way it would look nice and match your other gauges. A digital gauge would be neat.

running fuel into the cab might be sketchy, but running a guage pressed against the windshield I have done before. Although you can mount guages on the hood in a pod if you can actually find one of those kits. Although if an electronic sender unit guage worked well enough that would be good.

running fuel into the cab might be sketchy, but running a guage pressed against the windshield I have done before. Although you can mount guages on the hood in a pod if you can actually find one of those kits. Although if an electronic sender unit guage worked well enough that would be good.

Thats why I was thinking a aftermarket oil pressure guage would work with a electric sensor. You could probably find nice fuel pressure gauges for air planes or something if you have the $.

Back