• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How Often do you Wash your Truck?

How often do you wash your truck?

• Weekly

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Every-other week

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • When I can't see out of the windows because of crud

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Other (do tell!)

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters
When it starts looking bad but I use Klasse glaze and sealer every 8-12 months dot it stays looking pretty good and usually just needs hosing off.

I live on an island in the gulf lots of salt so I do chassis, drive-train, under-body, wheel wells & suspension the Burb using salt neutralizer then high pressure rinse....

HA! Wash, like with some kind of soap? Only if I'm prepping for paint, so I think that's once in the last 8 years; De-rusted and painted the roof.

It's not dirty, that's sunshield solar protection and anti-theft.

Windows and lights get cleaned constantly, that's a safety issue.

With my old truck (F150) i washed it every time i filled up with gas as i had a monthly car wash pass. However the F250 is lifted on 37's and i dont want to take a chance to see if it fits. So i cancelled the monthly pass. Maybe when i drop it down to the 35's it may fit. Now its maybe every two weeks to a month.

I wash my wife's car more than my ranger. But we live and park on a gravel alley.

Never really washed my Chevy's either. It looks less used when they look all nice and shiny...

I'll wash, wax, and detail it every week from mid may through mid september. It usually won't get touched from then until it starts snowing, and once the salt/magnesium chlorate/calcium chlorate hits the road, the truck gets washed weekly, with special attention paid to the undercarriage, no wax or detaling then. Can you tell that I used to have a nice car before the truck? haha

When I can. Used to be I'd go to the office on mid Sunday to wash but the owner decided we aren't allowed in the building after hrs now. :(:grumpy:

HA! Wash, like with some kind of soap? Only if I'm prepping for paint, so I think that's once in the last 8 years; De-rusted and painted the roof.

It's not dirty, that's sunshield solar protection and anti-theft.

Windows and lights get cleaned constantly, that's a safety issue.

Currently visiting the kids in central Texas...rained good; God washed off the winter of Baja mud.
"Ees berry chiny, Señor."

My truck, not often. Pretty much when I'm bored. Or wanna use it as a test mule, since the paint isn't good anyways.
Now the car usually once a month. Been ubering with it, so try to keep it cleaner.
Not much rain here, just dust/sand.
00e790a02b4faa5d04c155cf5265bb4c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My truck, not often. Pretty much when I'm bored. Or wanna use it as a test mule, since the paint isn't good anyways.
Now the car usually once a month. Been ubering with it, so try to keep it cleaner.
Not much rain here, just dust/sand.
00e790a02b4faa5d04c155cf5265bb4c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Ah, El Paso it seems every time I go through that area the winds are crazy high so driving is slow.

can't remembered the last time i washed mine. the rare times i actually drive it I'll hit the washer button to clean the windshield and watch the dust cloud roll off the body as i pick up speed going down the road.

can't remembered the last time i washed mine. the rare times i actually drive it I'll hit the washer button to clean the windshield and watch the dust cloud roll off the body as i pick up speed going down the road.

Is that button similar to the one by your front door? Think I'll knock on the door and just spray the windshield with the garden hose if so...

I have to agree with FT on your town jasper, winds there do get to blow into the dust pretty good. Ya know, Marty said when he was there in the west Texas town of El Paso, he fell in love with a Mexican girl...

I will wash mine whenever I get into some road salt. I make sure to do one heck of an undercarriage spray in the spring. We got an awesome spot in the yard that allows plenty of ground clearance so I can crawl under with no ramps.

I'm on an Island in the Gulf and yes a flood zone the battle w/salt is constant salt neutralizer is a must. I'm hoping to remove the 99 Burbs body to weigh the chassis w/o it so I can go with custom conical body mounts this is when I'll redo the chassis coatings getting to every nook and cranny.......

Back