• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How Often do you Wash your Truck?

How often do you wash your truck?

• Weekly

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Every-other week

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • When I can't see out of the windows because of crud

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Other (do tell!)

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Ed HD

Formerly: Dad's 05 LLY
Reaction score
Simple as that! How often do you wash your truck? Which truck, that's up to you (made multi-vote, for all your trucks!).

hardly ever. between the rain and the snow it keeps most of the big chunks off and the rest of the time (when it's dry) is too short to bother

I wash my 07 GMC every other week and do a full detail, inside and out, twice a year. My 84 Chevy CUCV is camouflage and usually has the camper on it, so just gets the mud knocked off within a day or two of getting home from each trip. The Suburban - well, I don't remember the last time it was washed...

My dmax gets the under carriage washed monthly but I'm tired of losing paint so the ext doesn't get washed.

All others get full hand wash and undercarriage sprayed monthly.

Ol blue hasn't been washed in 10yrs atleast and 93 has been in the shop for a yr.
Source Unknown

Once a month...or so for me. The embarrassing part is I operate a mobile cleaning service haha. I wash mostly houses and commercial concrete though. I get made fun of at times, but oh well I try to keep er clean.

2-3 times a year. One time a year try to wax it and do a good overall cleaning. It use to be more often but too busy now and it doesn't quite clean up as good as it did new to me. I try not to let it get bad cruddy and will wipe dash off and clean windshield if it gets bad between washings. A clean windshield and dash is way more important to me and it feels cleaner. Some dust and a little mud doesn't look as bad on a truck as a sports car. I have a long driveway and it gets dusty so trying to keep it sparkling is out of the question.

Not as much as I should. Pretty much monthly in the summer, and maybe once or twice in the winter to get the salt and road chemicals off.

My 95 Chevy is a work truck so maybe twice a year. The tires never seem to stop rolling long enough for a wash!

Whenever it needs it. It maybe 2 days and it might be a month. Whenever it looks dirty to me. Which might be clean looking to someone else and my clean may be dirty to someone else. I detail it and wash the undercarriage about every 6 weeks. If I have just cleaned it and 2 days later I have been in the mud and dirt and trashed it it gets cleaned up.

What is the paint issue a lot are talking about?? IMWTK!!

Back