• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hood Scoop: What's next?

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When can we expect a redesign of the GMC/Chevy Trucks?

The hoodscoop wasn't really a redesign. I feel like GM is behind Ford and Dodge right now from an interior standpoint.

Most reports put the 15+ GM interiors ahead of the other 2 from what I've read. Rumors are the HD's will probably be receiving more in the immediate future. The engine changes were required for emissions, and the hood scoop isnt for aesthetics as much as it was for the engine itself. Intake air temps and airflow has been an issue for several years now, and the scoop should take care of it as well as helping heat control with added HP. I do agree that with an engine change like this they should have done the whole truck, so I hope to see more changes soon.

twin countershaft triple overdrive 13 speed manual I hope... for CAFE reasons of course. :)
CAFE reasons require repeatability and consistency, that's been one of the driving forces behind phasing out manuals to begin with, let alone a 13 speed arrangement.

Inability for young drivers to properly shift transmission was the stated reason they went with autos in hmmwvs instead of manuals.
An individual can learn to improve, but a group as a whole tends to suck at secondary procedures.

I Find it amusing in a not funny way the regulations that are enforced on all manufactures and employers except the gubmint like CAFE.

Inability for young drivers to properly shift transmission was the stated reason they went with autos in hmmwvs instead of manuals.
An individual can learn to improve, but a group as a whole tends to suck at secondary procedures.

I Find it amusing in a not funny way the regulations that are enforced on all manufactures and employers except the gubmint like CAFE.

Would be interesting to see what percentage of people that can actually, properly operate a manual shift transmission. I think all drivers should properly be trained on it, but that's just me.

I learned to drive on a 1969 C-10 Chevrolet 1/2 ton truck, with a 250 CI, inline 6 cylinder, 411 gears and of course 3 speed on the (tree) column. I can tell you now that I attempted to get everything I could get out of that combination. As a teenager I terrorized the country roads of my county, oh my that was many years ago. I sure could lay down some rubber and tear up some gravel roads, lots of times sideways, someone was indeed watching after me.

Thank God, that truck did not have a small bock Chevy V-8.

Back