• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High side valve & plug for r134 charge port

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
For those that haven't seen, Dorman has 2 great products to deal with the plague that is the GM high side connector on many of their r134 equipped systems(as well as some Chrysler and Ford's). As pretty much anybody with a vehicle equipped with these devil made items knows, it's a rubber stopper inside of an aluminum housing that seals off the high side charge port, and they can leak for ANY reason. Dorman a few years ago came out with a replacement port that used a standard schrader valve inside, but you still had to evac the system to replace it. Well now they came out with a brass plug that threads inside the port and seals it off with a tapered seat so you can plug a leaking valve without evacing the system. The replacement port is Dorman 800-955 and the plug is 902-025. I got both pieces from O'Reillys, but most any large parts seller can order Dorman.

I’m glad that you posted this. I have to fix my high side again. I checked it on Sunday and it’s leaking again

Good idea doorman!
GM seems to have 1 or 2 engineers that is related to the owner and can’t be fired or told no, regardless of how stupid the idea is...

It’s like a self abusing teenage girl that doesn’t like how her hair looks, so she has to cut on her arms to cope... then dye the hair blue.

I’m no better I guess. Still a Chevy guy, even after these genius ideas they wont give up on. Maybe I need some
Blue dye...

I’m glad that you posted this. I have to fix my high side again. I checked it on Sunday and it’s leaking again
Yep, when I bought my 99 Tahoe a month ago the port was fine, checked it 2 days ago and its pouring out now.

About GD time something like this came out!!! Let me see if Rockauto has em... a lot of em...

Back