• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High Idle Installed ..... Wow!

When the switch is turned 'off' it shouldn't blow the fuse... that line should be connected to nothing with the switch off.

Check your wiring again... with the switch on, you should have continuity between the ends of the wiring (ECM pin to Fuse Tap) That continuity should disappear (circuit open) when you turn the switch off.

What should i check? I have unplugged everything checked my gorund changed what fuse i used still nothin.

circuit.JPG

Here is your circuit ... 12v on one end, a switch and LED in the middle, and pin A6 on the other end.

If you hook an ohm-meter into the 2 ends of the circuit, with the switch open (off), you should get infinite ohms (no connectivity)... this should NOT blow fuses. If you close the switch (on), the circuit should show 0 ohms (circuit has continuity. You might be able to blow a fuse with the switch in this configuration.

However, that isn't what you indicate is happening... you are saying that the fuse blows when the switch is turned off... which can't happen unless you have a short.

Ended up being the led in the swtich cause it to blow the fuse. Changed the switch i was using and works like a charm now. Thanks for all your help!

ok i have a 98 6.5 turbo iesel in a one ton try evrything b7 and b8 to switch to ground follow the procedure but does not work does it work on all pcm

Back