• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help with casting numbers please

nick l

Reaction score
Hi guys Im new here but anyway I picked up a lower mileage 506 engine the numbers on the pass. side bell say H087. With that number would that be a early GEP block? I havnt found any diamonds shapes on it

For some reason, that h087 sounds like the chinese casting number. The chinese copied a late GM block when they made there early ones right down to the date code.

What any boss is good for - not much of anything!

Here's to the New Boss, same as the Old Boss!

I wonder if the g503 guys would know. I'm thinking there was a mounting change in the Hmmwv that it was done for. I read a single sentence that explained it a long time ago. Guess I slept too much since then.

Mine uses the same as truck mounts. Hummers/ hmmwvs did not have a change when gep started making them, thats when the extra boss was added. Ive helped 2 guys put junkyard 6.5 engines into hummers. Also when my regular gm block came out and optimizer went in, it didnt change anything on how it was mounted.
I was thinking they might have changed it when the changed hmmwvs to the 3 piece or flat radiator design, maybe they moved the engine and trans a bit.

Back