• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help with a 95 6.5 no start

People here from all over. If you do sell it, give the new owner the info on this website to help them out. This is definitely the best 6.5. Forum around.

The amount of work you have to do is definitely affected by how much the last owner neglected. Long term cost of ownership is pretty low with these trucks. Especially if you want to do alternative fuel.

Hey guys, looking for some help now. Pulled the trans, swapped the flex plate and put everything back together, now i dont even get crank. When i turn the key or jump the solenoids i just get a click. Any idea whats up? Ive checked my grounds thourougly

it is necessary to disassemble the retractor relay.
Are your starter US970?

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you. you disassembled and assembled the starter?

If you connect 12 volts directly to the starter solenoid, does the starter rotate?

is the engine block connected to the frame (-bat)?

Make a photo of the wires connected to the starter

Brand new starter.

So What! New parts don't mean good parts!!! Communist China solenoids have infested the starter rebuild market. I had one of the first from a local rebuild shop. Two starters in a row in the video did this to me. Off the top of my head: If you have 9V at the solonoid and 11V at the battery cable ON THE STARTER your batts and wires are good.

So What! New parts don't mean good parts!!! Communist China solenoids have infested the starter rebuild market. I had one of the first from a local rebuild shop. Two starters in a row in the video did this to me. Off the top of my head: If you have 9V at the solonoid and 11V at the battery cable ON THE STARTER your batts and wires are good.

Even on an ac delco starter?

Back