• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help! First drive in 6 months didn't go so well.

I was thinking about the missing wires, I ran mine without the plunger and no codes but it was still connected.

Leo

Not planning on leaving it that way, just leaving it like that while i attempt to fis whatever is cause this other issue.

Any other ideas? I'm going to take the plunger off the shut off solenoid and try a few other things saturday. Just don't want to replace it until i find the real problem. Already has enough new parts, don't want to scrap it with a new fuel shut off solenoid as well. LOL.

If that doesn't work, I would run through all of the fuses and make sure that they are all good.

Check the wiring harness that runs by the A/C accumulator - chafing is known to happen there.

Next, pull off the upper intake - this will give you a chance to check out the supply line from the filter manager to the IP....rodents also like to build nests under there and eat through the main wiring harness...

BTW - stepping up to a DMAX will feel great....except for that one day per month when the payment comes out....

Give the 6.5 a chance, blow it to kingdom come, and then come join me on the 'other' side....LOL!

Well, i am still trying to fix the 6.5 but i am on the hunt for a Dmax. The main reason i need another truck is for winter, and a trip down to Texas once every 3-4 weeks. I don't like the idea of running a 500+ km truck on a 5000km trip once a month. Plus the regular cab ain't that comfy. Thanks for all the help guys. I'm going to give this thing another go next weekend and i'll let you know how i make out.

Back