• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello from north Alabama!

WECSOG

Reaction score
Hello all; I live in north Alabama near Huntsville. I've had a few diesel trucks; my latest which I just bought recently is a '95 Chevy C3500HD with the 6.5 TD and NV4500 5 speed manual. Dana 80 rear axle with 4.63 gears.
I've already remote mounted a new pmd from Leroy diesel because the engine was hard to start hot.
This is a former AT&T bucket truck. The crane is gone, but it has a pto-mounted hydraulic pump. I might use that to power a bed-mounted hydraulic winch and compact crane; nothing serious, just enough to easily load and unload generators, engines, motorcycles etc.
I also intend to use this truck to haul my truck camper. It has a utility bed, which I'm planning to convert to a small flatbed.

Welcome.
Ya might check with truck equipment shops near you if the utility bed is in half decent condition- they are way more pricey than a flat bed and they might swap it over for you for a flat bed and include a headboard or an under body box for free doing it. Also they might just outright buy it.

Welcome.
Ya might check with truck equipment shops near you if the utility bed is in half decent condition- they are way more pricey than a flat bed and they might swap it over for you for a flat bed and include a headboard or an under body box for free doing it. Also they might just outright buy it.
Good idea!

Hello all; I live in north Alabama near Huntsville. I've had a few diesel trucks; my latest which I just bought recently is a '95 Chevy C3500HD with the 6.5 TD and NV4500 5 speed manual. Dana 80 rear axle with 4.63 gears.
I've already remote mounted a new pmd from Leroy diesel because the engine was hard to start hot.
This is a former AT&T bucket truck. The crane is gone, but it has a pto-mounted hydraulic pump. I might use that to power a bed-mounted hydraulic winch and compact crane; nothing serious, just enough to easily load and unload generators, engines, motorcycles etc.
I also intend to use this truck to haul my truck camper. It has a utility bed, which I'm planning to convert to a small flatbed.
Howdy almost neighbor I'm a ways South of you down on MS Gulf Coast I have a camp in Andalusia I hang out at a lot, I've been absent from here a while, I'm seeing some familiar faces still hanging around; you are in good company joining here, some good 6.5 "been there done that" knowhow onboard.

Glad to hear sounded like she had a pretty rough time for awhile
Yes came close to losing her, and a mini stroke to boot due to botched hip replacement that got infected, infection in blood stream we didn't know about until 2 years later that had eaten one of her heart valve "leaflets" away.

JiFaire & I kept close tabs as he was going thru similar valve replacement surgery, he just lost his wife a couple of weeks ago it's been a ruff few years for them.

Back